RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > TDV6 vs TDV8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

gachoud

TDV6 vs TDV8

Hi all

how much do think it would cost me to swap my 2006 56 black/black 15k miles roof/stormers/bluetooth,tints,side steps for an equivalent early TDV8

do you think the TDV8 will depreciate slower than the TDV6 over the next 3 years?

thx guys

Post #151169 Fri Jan 11 2008 12:26pm
hartleyhair

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Hi.

As a guide, main dealer is offering me 45K for my TDV8.

It's covered 20K mainly motorway miles and has tints and 'light' towing electrics. FMDSH.

It is in Autotrader and in the For Sale section of this forum as I'm holding out for a private sale.

HH Driving - TDV8 HSE in Stornaway / Ebony / Brunel
Sold - 56 TDV8 HSE in Java Black EBONY/RHODIUM/PRIVACY GLASS
Sold - 05 TDV6 HSE BONATTI/BLACK/RHODIUM 20''STORMERS, PTI AND FACTORY TINT.

Post #151170 Fri Jan 11 2008 12:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Josh

United Kingdom 
Re: TDV6 vs TDV8

gachoud wrote:
Hi all

how much do think it would cost me to swap my 2006 56 black/black 15k miles roof/stormers/bluetooth,tints,side steps for an equivalent early TDV8

do you think the TDV8 will depreciate slower than the TDV6 over the next 3 years?

thx guys

I would guess there is at least a 10K price difference between yours and a used TDV8. I should speak to Charles Hurst LR or Kam, both contactable via the forum.

I would like to think the TDV8 will hold its value better especially because of that wonderful engine that it should have had from day one.

As you know you very rarely make money or break even on cars. So having been in your dilema and had to make the decision to move up from a TDV6, I can say the financial pain of moving up was definately worth it Thumbs Up TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #151172 Fri Jan 11 2008 12:49pm
gachoud

Re: TDV6 vs TDV8

thanks...about 10k is what I thought...thx all

Josh wrote:
gachoud wrote:
Hi all

thx guys

I would guess there is at least a 10K price difference between yours and a used TDV8. I should speak to Charles Hurst LR or Kam, both contactable via the forum.

I would like to think the TDV8 will hold its value better especially because of that wonderful engine that it should have had from day one.

As you know you very rarely make money or break even on cars. So having been in your dilema and had to make the decision to move up from a TDV6, I can say the financial pain of moving up was definately worth it Thumbs Up

Post #151216 Fri Jan 11 2008 2:45pm
PaulB

England 

I've just swapped from a 55 TDV6 HSE to a brand new MY08.5 TDV8 and I'm not paying any more on the monthly payments and I haven't paid any extra by way of a deposit.

After I had done the deal, the dealer told me that he expects the prices of used TDV6's to take a hit this coming year beacuse everyone wants the TDV8 even though there aren't enough to satisfy demand.

Obviously in my case, given that it was costing me no more, it was a no-brainer, but even so, the TDV8 is a much better car Thumbs Up

Paul RRS TDV8 - Stornoway Grey, Irory Leather with Dark Zebrano, Privacy Glass, Tow Pack.
1967 Cobra 427 S/C
1951 Vincent Comet
2001 Harley Davidson Fat Boy

Post #151253 Fri Jan 11 2008 4:41pm
gachoud

how come your monthly payments are the same...I don't get that?! Shocked

PaulB wrote:
I've just swapped from a 55 TDV6 HSE to a brand new MY08.5 TDV8 and I'm not paying any more on the monthly payments and I haven't paid any extra by way of a deposit.

After I had done the deal, the dealer told me that he expects the prices of used TDV6's to take a hit this coming year beacuse everyone wants the TDV8 even though there aren't enough to satisfy demand.

Obviously in my case, given that it was costing me no more, it was a no-brainer, but even so, the TDV8 is a much better car Thumbs Up

Paul

Post #151329 Fri Jan 11 2008 8:52pm
PaulB

England 

I'd had my TDV6 for exactly 2 years and I'd bought it on a 3 year personal contract with a balloon payment. The dealer gave me almost £6,000 more than the settlement figure was in part exchange and I negotiated what I feel was a good deal on the new car.
The net result is that I'm paying about £10 a month LESS than I was paying for the TDV6. The balloon payment is higher, but I'm comfortable the car will be worth at least that at the end of 3 years, if indeed I keep it that long.

Paul RRS TDV8 - Stornoway Grey, Irory Leather with Dark Zebrano, Privacy Glass, Tow Pack.
1967 Cobra 427 S/C
1951 Vincent Comet

Post #151366 Fri Jan 11 2008 11:01pm
bob242

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

PaulB wrote:
I'd had my TDV6 for exactly 2 years and I'd bought it on a 3 year personal contract with a balloon payment. The dealer gave me almost £6,000 more than the settlement figure was in part exchange and I negotiated what I feel was a good deal on the new car.
The net result is that I'm paying about £10 a month LESS than I was paying for the TDV6. The balloon payment is higher, but I'm comfortable the car will be worth at least that at the end of 3 years, if indeed I keep it that long.

Paul

this means that before you only had 1 extra year to go for the balloon of the TDV6, now you have 3 years to go fro the ballon of the TDV8. The extra money needed for the update is equivalent to 2 years of monthly fees + the increase in the ballon.

On my side I was willing to do the move when then announced the TDV8 but after trying it I find it to be too noisy.

I prefer to upgrade to the next RR that should come out in 2009. But if LR is sold to Tata i shall reconsider my position.

Post #151448 Sun Jan 13 2008 9:34am
PaulB

England 

bob242 wrote:
this means that before you only had 1 extra year to go for the balloon of the TDV6, now you have 3 years to go fro the ballon of the TDV8. The extra money needed for the update is equivalent to 2 years of monthly fees + the increase in the ballon.

On my side I was willing to do the move when then announced the TDV8 but after trying it I find it to be too noisy.

I prefer to upgrade to the next RR that should come out in 2009. But if LR is sold to Tata i shall reconsider my position.

That's nonsense !
The relevent point is that I was paying £X for the TDV6 and now I'm paying £x-£10 for the TDV8. Whilst there was only 1 year left on the TDV6, I only had 1 year of use left, but now I have 3 years with a better car.

Are you trying to say that you found the TDV8 too noisey ?? Rolling with laughter If I may say so, that's rubbish.
The TDV8 is as refined as any comparable car in its class. The only audible sound is from the exhaust when accelerating, and that sounds great Thumbs Up

1967 Cobra 427 S/C
1951 Vincent Comet

Last edited by PaulB on Sun Jan 13 2008 6:07pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #151481 Sun Jan 13 2008 1:14pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Bob, why will you reconsider buying the new Range Rover if Tata buy Land Rover?

The new Range Rover will still be designed and built by the same people. The same suppliers will still provide all of the parts for production. The only thing that will change is the name of the person picking up the profit. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #151495 Sun Jan 13 2008 6:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1