RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Navtech GPS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

DAVIS

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Giverney Green
Navtech GPS

I recently went on a road trip from my home located near Lake Tahoe, Nevada to Medford Oregon. It was fortunate that I printed out turn by turn directions from Map Quest. I was sent on a wild goose chase by my RRSport Navigation. No matter which route I selected, all were wrong. I called the dealer and they said that they have not encountered this problem? He did however suggest that I “erase” all of my stored locations. John (my service advisor) at British Motors told me that a customer did have a similar problem and the elimination of saved locations solved her dilemma. Any one out there having this problem and/or any suggestions?

Post #141443 Sat Oct 13 2007 12:39am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Relax. At least you get wrong directions.
I can't get any directions! Wink Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #141444 Sat Oct 13 2007 1:09am
Kaine

United Kingdom 

this is one of my gripes with the RRS. We carry a road map with us at all times

Post #141459 Sat Oct 13 2007 11:15am
Endjin

Scotland 

I think the problem is simply that NAVTEQ are not up to scratch with their data. This is not just a Land Rover Problem. I had always used my GARMIN Streetpilot III until I got the RRS. It had very few problems. NAVTEQ doesen't even have one of our local Rail Stations on it - The station has existed since circa 1890!! And to make it worse, if you enter the station name the NAVTEQ in the RRS simply maps you to a completely different town with no indication that it couldn't find the station you were looking for so if you didn't know any better you'd follow it and be completely lost!! Confused 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #141484 Sat Oct 13 2007 5:41pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

endjin,

never had the same problems in my 5 series - you may well be right with the data however surely this is LandRovers responsibility - not?

Kaine

Post #141493 Sat Oct 13 2007 7:22pm
SteveWilliams

Wales 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

When I drive back from eurodisney recently my satnav took me off the M25 down a sliproad over a roundabout up a sliproad and back on the M25 for no apparent reason that either my wife or I could see. And my wife knows everything!

Post #141508 Sat Oct 13 2007 10:20pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Steve,

yep, have that a lot too Rolling Eyes - very bizarre isn't it

Post #141511 Sat Oct 13 2007 10:31pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

SteveWilliams Wrote wrote:
And my wife knows everything!

Steve, it sounds like we are both married to the same woman Shocked Shocked Shocked Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #141524 Sun Oct 14 2007 8:40am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

SteveWilliams wrote:
When I drive back from eurodisney recently my satnav took me off the M25 down a sliproad over a roundabout up a sliproad and back on the M25 for no apparent reason that either my wife or I could see. And my wife knows everything!

I have a Navman system loaded onto an HP iPaq PDA and it used to do that for every motorway junction, fortunately Navman developed a patch that could be downloaded for free from their website, but the first time I used the set-up to drive south I thought I had bought a "pup". The Navman system is quite clever though, somehow it remembers if you have been down a certain route and the next time I drove south, but before I put the patch in, it took me straight down the M6 with no detours at every junction. The Indago system I now have has never suffered from this glitch. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Sun Oct 14 2007 11:09am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #141530 Sun Oct 14 2007 9:11am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DarrenG

United Kingdom 

Endjin wrote:
I think the problem is simply that NAVTEQ are not up to scratch with their data. This is not just a Land Rover Problem. I had always used my GARMIN Streetpilot III until I got the RRS. It had very few problems. NAVTEQ doesen't even have one of our local Rail Stations on it - The station has existed since circa 1890!! And to make it worse, if you enter the station name the NAVTEQ in the RRS simply maps you to a completely different town with no indication that it couldn't find the station you were looking for so if you didn't know any better you'd follow it and be completely lost!! Confused

Garmin use Navteq data as well though! Darren Griffin
Editor
PocketGPSWorld.Com

Post #141542 Sun Oct 14 2007 10:43am
Endjin

Scotland 

DarrenG wrote:
Garmin use Navteq data as well though!

Just Checked my Garmin Disk and you're right - That's weird, So are there maybe different "levels" of Navteq software or something, 'cause I have both the LR system & My old Garmin Streetpilot III and none of the problems I experience with the LR system are replicated in the Garmin! 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #141547 Sun Oct 14 2007 12:05pm
DarrenG

United Kingdom 

Well aside from the currency of the map data the actual routing algorithm's are coded by the manufacturers. So it is entirely possible for two different devices using the same map data to calculate wholly different routing solutions.

Having used the system fitted by Jaguar and the Command Solution fitted in my Wife's Mercedes, convenience aside I prefer both the routing solution and general ease of use of my TomTom 720! Darren Griffin
Editor
PocketGPSWorld.Com

Post #141549 Sun Oct 14 2007 12:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1