RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Finished the upgrade, mod, holiday tour !
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

EXPAT

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue
Finished the upgrade, mod, holiday tour !

After a monster tour around spain via the UK for 1 month I thought I would post a few images of the changes to my RRS, some are visible some not so visible ! and how it all fitted together

Changes and upgrades list is:

TDv8 Chipped - Land Rover Chip from Stratstones in Solihull
Colour coded Front Grill, Side Vents, Door Handles - Purchased off Ebay, fitted at Stratstones in Solihull
Badges, Wheel Centers - Stratstones in Solihull
Polimer - Friend of mine in Bromsgrove who used to work for Stratstones in Solihull !
Black Jax 5 - Quicksilver in Birmingham
Headrest screens - me and a friend
Multi DVD player and remote eye - me and a friend
AUX input hard wired for DVD - me and a friend
Front screen - me and a friend
Baby seat speaker install - me and a friend

The drive to the UK from Spain was easy with the adaptive cruise, french motorways are perfect for it, 160kph set as max and adaptive does the rest ! We then set to work on the ICE, DVD player, screens in the headrests, tapping into the aux in, small full range speakers in the baby seat, front screen which i used an rear view mirrow/screen I had lying around. Then onto the Black Jax, Chip, Colour coding and Polimer.... the RRS was ready for the Tour !!

The drive back down the french motorways to spain was a little more exciting with the chip Very Happy response is far improved, fuel economy is excellent, actually got up to 28.9mpg which i was amazed at (back down to 22.ish with my usual roads and heavy right foot !!) but the power increase is noticable all the way through acceleration, and from 120-180+kph she really pulls hard.

The screens and DVD were the best investment... not a peep out of the little fella or the wife ! the front screen was useful for me in traffic only of course Wink when watching the front screen the audio was provided by the aux in tap, when little guy and wife were in the back relaxing the baby seat speakers gave great audio for him (plugged into the door panel control as I ran out of time to fit a small amp to power them, also gave me volume control) and I couldnt hear a thing which was the idea when Nemo or Madagascar was playing for the 1000th time !!... leaving me to play with my CD music and Ipod without that horrible background noise from normal screens

Every stop in spain was a trip the garage for a clean, the polimer worked perfectly, all the insects, bugs, small animals and general muck washed off easily and the RRS looked brand new again. Some very nice comments from informed people about the door handles and grills...

So... back to hard work from Monday... but a great trip including - San Sebastien, Bordeaux, Paris, Ashford, Birmingham, Solihull, Lyon, Salou, Valencia, Almeria, Mojacar, La Rioja and home. The RRS surely can carry some weight... especially on the trip home from La Rioja Wink

Thumbs Up

Not the best pictures as the sun is shining hard as usual Whistle

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #135467 Fri Aug 31 2007 2:57pm
NZHereIam

New Zealand 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Looking good mate, I like the idea of the front screen, can you give me more details of how you did it pse?

i have an after market DVD sys in the headrests for the kids already If you dont live on the EDGE, you are taking up too much space!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06 RRS HSE ( in Wellington Dockyard, still waiting for release!!)
05 Jeep Cherokee LTD Edition

Post #135476 Fri Aug 31 2007 3:26pm
EXPAT

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

NZHereIcum wrote:
Looking good mate, I like the idea of the front screen, can you give me more details of how you did it pse?

Thanks

I just tapped into the DVD video out and ran a normal rca cable upto the front glove box, the power for the screen at the moment runs from the cigarette lighter in the center console as I was running out of time before my trip, but I may change this at a later date to power on ignition and switch on the glove box door as this is only opened when the screen is in use. When not in use the screen and remotes tuck nicely into the box. Later mods i am thinking of including a thin panel in the passenger sun visor but I am still looking around for a decent looking and thin enough screen for this.

Post #135504 Fri Aug 31 2007 5:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1