Page 2 of 2 <12

chcc

Cornelius,

Are you a tuner?

Post #134249 Sun Aug 26 2007 8:35am
tf9

Russia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Cornelius Vermuyden wrote:
With respect,will_wonka, if you have only a re-mapped ECU you are most unlikely to have anything remotely near 430bhp! Even if your standard engine had something approaching the optimistic 385bhp claimed by Land Rover, a simple "entry-level" re-map categorically will not give you those stated figures. In order to get 430-440bhp as installed (NOT on the dyno) you would need a modified blower drive, de-restricted cats, itg air filter (or similar) and a tidied up inlet tract. tf9 may well have these mods, of course, oligarchic Muscovite cars seem to have everything available these days!!
I really don't think it unusual for a "utilitarian West Midlands manufacturer" like Jaguar to be ashamed of their sporting pedigree when compared to Porsche. Smile

I have full stainless still exhaust with free-flow pipes instead of four original big cats. Hamann ECU, upgraded supercharger pulley (overfinch), air filter, and 98+ petrol (actually about 100 octane). I'm faster then standart rrs s\c by 3 car-lenghts on 1\4 mile.
Cornelius, do you have any idea about how to improve this configuration? 2014 Mercedes-Benz S500
2014 Range Rover Autobiography, Causeway Gray, Ivory/Ebony
2013 BMW 530d
2008 Range Rover Supercharged Vogue S\E, Java Black, Ebony. SOLD
2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Java Black, Ebony. Arden body-kit. SOLD
2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 Buckingam blue, Ivory. - SOLD.

Post #134267 Sun Aug 26 2007 1:01pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

yep. p/x for a Cayenne Turbo Laughing

sorry tf, I couldn't resist that one Thumbs Up

Post #134268 Sun Aug 26 2007 1:23pm
tf9

Laughing I don't like design of the cayenne. And it's very expensive - cayenne turbo costs 165.000 Euro here, and RRS S\C is 86.000 Euro here - almost x2 difference Smile With all the mods i have done to the car, both exterior and perfomance it is about 105-100k Euro. And cayenne needs badly exterior styling (i.e. techart magnum) which would cost about 20kE (without wheels!) Shocked 2014 Mercedes-Benz S500
2013 BMW 530d

Post #134272 Sun Aug 26 2007 1:59pm
Cornelius Vermuyden

England 

Hello tf9. You seem to have all the right stuff. While knowing Hamann well I have not seen or tested an RRS S/C modified by them; neither has our German division. so I cannot comment on their ECU modifications. It is possible to get about 25bhp from ECU mods alone, but that entails running the motor dangerously lean (not rich)
Unlike a Jaguar, the problem in the RRS and big RR S/C is the torque limiting software, and finding where it is in the map and what is talking to what!!
Does your RRS have an E-Diff? If it does that is one more performance limiting device, being in effect an electronic limited slip diff which also tells the ECU and hence engine to inhibit power if outside standard parameters. Our much-praised RRS S/C does not have an E-Diff, btw.
Give me (Colin) or Jonathan a call at JE Engineering if you wish. We might be able to point you in the right direction (NOT to Herr Hamann, he charges astronomical prices as it is!!)

Best wishes Very Happy

Post #134275 Sun Aug 26 2007 3:59pm
tf9

Cornelius Vermuyden wrote:
Hello tf9. You seem to have all the right stuff. While knowing Hamann well I have not seen or tested an RRS S/C modified by them; neither has our German division. so I cannot comment on their ECU modifications. It is possible to get about 25bhp from ECU mods alone, but that entails running the motor dangerously lean (not rich)
Unlike a Jaguar, the problem in the RRS and big RR S/C is the torque limiting software, and finding where it is in the map and what is talking to what!!
Does your RRS have an E-Diff? If it does that is one more performance limiting device, being in effect an electronic limited slip diff which also tells the ECU and hence engine to inhibit power if outside standard parameters. Our much-praised RRS S/C does not have an E-Diff, btw.
Give me (Colin) or Jonathan a call at JE Engineering if you wish. We might be able to point you in the right direction (NOT to Herr Hamann, he charges astronomical prices as it is!!)

Best wishes Very Happy

Well, according to the dyno runs before and after the mods, the torque has slightly increased (585-590Nm instead of 560) but its availible in a wider range!
As far as I know it does have E-diff, but i'm not sure about that - how can I check that out, and if it's there how to switch it off? 2014 Mercedes-Benz S500
2013 BMW 530d

Post #134276 Sun Aug 26 2007 4:07pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Think it was an option on both the TDV6 and SC (TDV8 wasn't out when you got yours) RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #134277 Sun Aug 26 2007 4:27pm
Cornelius Vermuyden

England 

Hmmm, something weird with those torque figures. LR only claim 550Nm at the flywheel! If indeed you tested the engine on a dyno (ie. out of the car) then you could conceivably get 560Nm on a very good standard engine. Other than the dyno, our car is tested on a 4wd hub (pillar) dyno/road simulator where there is no tyre slippage. A transmission loss factor is calculated over a minimum of 20 runs (which are surprisingly consistent) There is a considerable disparity between the power obtained on the dyno running via a "bare bones" control system and that obtained in the car with the modified ECU, unfortunately! The power outputs we quote are "as fitted"

However, I'm surprised at only 3 car's lengths after a standing quarter. Admittedly there will be not much difference in the first 250 metres but your modified car should romp away thereafter and should be doing around 100mph over the line, ours does. Incidentally, the modified TdV8 I was testing the other day was like a 10 tonne truck in comparison! he he!

You cannot switch off the E-Diff, unfortunately.

Best wishes Smile

Post #134279 Sun Aug 26 2007 5:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12