RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Air Suspension Fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

dsingeruk wrote:

Its back, and it parks (standard and access height) 1/2 inch higher on the driver side, consistently. Im also sure that standard height is sitting higer than it should (Im only small!) real pain to get in and out.

Anyway told the dealer, and he said thats normal they dont all sit level..... what nonsense how can you have a car costing £47k that sits wonky..

Daniel.

Thats a load of rubbish!! The car MUST sit level - its what self-adjusting is all about!! Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #45325 Sun Jul 16 2006 11:59pm
Bobby

Bobs_buggy wrote:
..... What I can't understand is why don't they automatically calibrate them after having new sensors fitted?

Bob.

You're absolutely right. Everytime a new sensor is fitted, the height must be calibrated! Malaysia Boleh!

Post #45326 Mon Jul 17 2006 12:08am
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Guess what, yesterday had suspension fault warning when going into access mode Sad
Same today everytime I go from normal height to access height I get the orange warning light, it wiggles about a bit, sometimes the warning changes to red and tells me to drive at 30mph and sometimes it clears Sad
Told my dealer about it today when I went to look at new leather seat cover, on different thread here...
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic3156.html?highlight=
They tried it at the garage and it did exactly the same so they are going to look at it when it is in next week...only done just over 600 miles and this is the first mechanical/electrical problem, hope it is not a sign of things to come. Sad Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE
Loire Blue/Ivory leather Privacy Glass

Gone - RRSPORT 2010 TDV6 HSE
Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #45929 Thu Jul 20 2006 4:23pm
simonsti

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze

When i leave mine overnight, come morning the offside rear suspension is sitting about 3 inches lower than the rest of the car, it has done this from day 1, it's only 8 days old now! 2014 Nara Bronze SDV6
GONE TDV6 HSE RRS in Giverny green,Ebony interior, Side steps,Tints, PTI, Tow pack, mud flaps, Side strips and Dynamics pack.

Post #47158 Sat Jul 29 2006 3:06pm
Bobby

simonsti wrote:
When i leave mine overnight, come morning the offside rear suspension is sitting about 3 inches lower than the rest of the car, it has done this from day 1, it's only 8 days old now!

Something's wrong.
An appointment with the dealer is in order. Malaysia Boleh!

Post #47159 Sat Jul 29 2006 3:15pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

simonsti wrote:
When i leave mine overnight, come morning the offside rear suspension is sitting about 3 inches lower than the rest of the car, it has done this from day 1, it's only 8 days old now!

I strongly advise, assuming you are not doing this already, that when you park up - "lock it down in access mode" Exclamation
If you don't the cpu will constantly try to level the car in your absence. Without the engine running means no compressor which could well account for the problem described above. Also if left doing this leveling routine whilst on hols you may come back to a flat battery Exclamation
Locking down turns the cpu off.

By doing this you could save yourself alot of probs Wink TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #47183 Sun Jul 30 2006 6:16pm
pleandros

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

My RRS S/C has no more than 4000 miles. During the first 100 miles I got several orange and red 'suspension fault' messages which went on and off every now and then. I was in and out the service for 10 days. They first changed a faulty sensor, then another, and then I got the CPU replaced.

Now, 3900 miles after, I have the same problem, and the car won't even lower to access mode. I am pretty sure that it's not the CPU's fault again.

Any suggestion from similar experience???

Post #77449 Wed Jan 24 2007 2:00am
kk05

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Wonky suspension

I bought my MY05 HSE last week and noticed that the N/S/F rear was lower than the O/S/F I took it to Guy Salmon in Thames Ditton yesterday and they ran a re-calibration.

Got home and it's no different!!

Post #129504 Fri Aug 03 2007 11:01am
Lateral5

Australia 

pleandros wrote:
My RRS S/C has no more than 4000 miles. During the first 100 miles I got several orange and red 'suspension fault' messages which went on and off every now and then. I was in and out the service for 10 days. They first changed a faulty sensor, then another, and then I got the CPU replaced.

Now, 3900 miles after, I have the same problem, and the car won't even lower to access mode. I am pretty sure that it's not the CPU's fault again.

Any suggestion from similar experience???

Yes I got a fault that said Suspension Fault and something about only being able to select Normal Height.

Yes, they replaced my air compressor which fixed the problem. RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #129505 Fri Aug 03 2007 11:24am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dsingeruk

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Well, forgot all about this post and the 'pain' last year.

The local dealer had the car for 2 days and did their best to level the car. They gave me the height readings on all 4 corners when they had finished both for 'with driver' and 'without driver' Rolling Eyes

Its still not quite right (now within 9mm o/s to n/s difference at the rear 'without driver' and 4mm 'with'. All other corners are below this tolerance), but a whole lot better - not embarassed to return to a laughable looking car.

I think it is all to do with the garage's floor level and their ability to do the job right.. keep going back until your happy - they get away with sloppy workmanship all too often.

Daniel.

Post #129514 Fri Aug 03 2007 11:54am
Nutty Nige

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

On the older models you could re-calibrate the suspension height in access mode, standard height, off road height. On the sport you can't. You only set the standard height and the other 2 go off a pre-determined height ste-up in the software. The dealers don't like doing it so they try to fob you off. If you know how to do it 20 mins will put it to bed. You park on level ground, You get 8 empty boxes on the screen of the IDS, measure the distance from the ground to the wheel hub, using a special tool, - on this always use 345mm. You then measure from the ground to the lower wishbone bush, on each corner under the vehicle, using a special tool, and tell the IDS the current height. The suspension then opens the cross over valves, goes up to full height and then down to standard height. Now here is the triccky bit - when it goes down to standard height it wont be level. Measure from the ground to the wheel arch up through the centre of wheel and it will be around 800-825mm. Now you need to fine tune it and beleive me I have spent hours at this. You then drive round a mile to settle it down and carry out the proceedure again. This time if you need it lower on one corner you tell IDS it is higher than it is to over compensate but only by a small amount. If you need to raise it in one corner you tell it that it is lower by a small amount, 3mm in the readings on the machine will give you about 15mm from ground to wheel arch. 5mm put into the machine will give you 25mm at the wheel arch. I have got mine at 795mm at each corner because I have been working on the front end knock and lowering the centre of gravity. You should have all doors shut and the running at idle to measure it. Some dealers don't have it on their machine and have to get the local field engineer to carry out the proceedure - is the oficial LR answer because they do not want to get involved. So just be aware. If you carry out this proceedure more than twice the air compressor gives up and overheats and you need a new one.
That is another reason why they do not like doing it. If you have no lights on dash with a fault, no height sensor faaults when looking at live data and you are leaning one way you just need this reset done. You don't stop playing because you get old, You get old because you stop playing.

07 TDV6 been and gone. 08 TDV6 been and gone. 08.5 TDV8 in evaluation mode and now gone. BMW 535D M sport Been and gone, Now time for RRS No4 - TDV6 HSE in Stornaway with Ebony - 09 Model 6 months old.
RS Cosworth 4x4 Stage 2 Mint for summer
Audi TT
Astra VXR for the daughter.

Post #130413 Tue Aug 07 2007 9:16am
willem54

Netherlands 

I had the same problem, the dealer replaced a sensor on my TDV8 and I the car became a software update.
Now the car is oké

Carrera S articsilver 2007, TDV8 javablack 2007, Santa fé black

Post #133467 Mon Aug 20 2007 7:17am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12