RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Not A Happy Teddy
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Foxy

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Not A Happy Teddy

AAAAAAAAAARGH Still not got my RRS, should have picked it up today after a lot of messing about with my insurance company, who still haven't managed to issue my policy after a week due to a computer crash so dealer could tax it , then dealer tells me they have no log book cos it was on private plate before and they are not sure where it is, this is after 2 weeks of waiting. Went to take a look at my car this moring ( even though I could not take it away ) because it had been PDI'd and valeted ready for me, I think Henshaws school for the blind would have done a better valet job, had a sit and a play in it for half hour just to regain my confidence that I should spend 43K. Eventually told dealer if not soughted by next weekend then deal off and I will go somewhere else ,as he had told me they where not sure they could get the log book by then. Is there usually probs when buying cars that have had private plates on ?? Banging Head So will hopefully post some pics next week, so just going to go to pub for some therapy RRS HSE, Java Black,Black Leather

Post #125568 Sat Jul 14 2007 8:01pm
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

When I got my ZT260 new in oct 2004 I put it on a private plate but for the next year the DVLA kept sending me reminders to get the numberplate on a car or I could lose it Shocked ... unless I paid an aditional retention fee they would put the plate back up for sale. I had only been driving around for a year with at that point. Now when I looked up the DVLA info on my registration it says I havn't paid my road tax tho the disk says it is valid until oct 2007 grrrr

Post #125573 Sat Jul 14 2007 8:20pm
simple1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue
Re: Not A Happy Teddy

Foxy wrote:
AAAAAAAAAARGH Still not got my RRS, should have picked it up today after a lot of messing about with my insurance company, who still haven't managed to issue my policy after a week due to a computer crash so dealer could tax it , then dealer tells me they have no log book cos it was on private plate before and they are not sure where it is, this is after 2 weeks of waiting. Went to take a look at my car this moring ( even though I could not take it away ) because it had been PDI'd and valeted ready for me, I think Henshaws school for the blind would have done a better valet job, had a sit and a play in it for half hour just to regain my confidence that I should spend 43K. Eventually told dealer if not soughted by next weekend then deal off and I will go somewhere else ,as he had told me they where not sure they could get the log book by then. Is there usually probs when buying cars that have had private plates on ?? Banging Head So will hopefully post some pics next week, so just going to go to pub for some therapy

Feel for you, I had this same sort of thing when dealer forgot to put my personal plate on retention so it could be assigned to new car. Ten days of delays followed by a head fit and it was sorted. Usually, the dealer will ask the customer to remove plate before they trade car in, sounds like a typical well organised land Rover dealership problem to me....keep the faith. Bow down 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀
TDV8 Sport HSE...... Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!!
Now rolling in MY10 Fullfat TDV8 Vogue. Slammed it to go round corners🙈
Cruising daily #56 mph in a Volvo V8. 😱
Lots of other toys in the cupboard...😜

Post #125669 Sun Jul 15 2007 9:29am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Josh

United Kingdom 

If the previous owner kept the private plate on retention then it usually takes 4 to 6 weeks for DVLA to reissue a new log book. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #125680 Sun Jul 15 2007 10:41am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1