RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Little interest shown in Jaguar, Land Rover
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

PauloAmore

Scotland 
Little interest shown in Jaguar, Land Rover

When Aston Martin was up for bid a few months ago, billionaires that nobody has ever heard of were coming out of the woodwork to bid on the ultra-luxury lineup. Now Ford is trying to recapture the magic with the sale of its other two premium British Marquees, Jaguar and Land Rover. The problem is, Jaguar is a cash whore and Land Rover doesn't have nearly the cachet of Aston (big surprise). We've heard differing accounts as to the worth of Ford's unwanted PAG members, but Merrill Lynch pegs the number at between $1.3 billion and $1.5 billion. That certainly isn't chump change, but it's only marginally better than the $900 million that was paid for smallish Aston. Many of the "small-time" billionaires aren't bothering with this sale, even at lower financials, because they couldn't afford one of Jaguar's big-time losses, and stalwarts like Blackstone are rumored to be out, too. Hyundai and Nissan/Renault don't seem to be interested either.

Ford already brunted a lot of the financial pain for Jaguar when it closed a plant and bought out a lot of workers, and the forthcoming XF should help the bottom line immensely. Land Rover is profitable and has plenty of newer models to keep sales strong for the foreseeable future. We'd be surprised if there weren't a lot of sand-baggers that show up soon looking to get something for next to nothing.

[Source: Auto News - sub. req'd]
http://www.autoblog.com/category/land-rover/ 2022 P440e AB

Post #124729 Wed Jul 11 2007 10:56am
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Not this old chest nut again.

Ford paid 2.8billion for Land Rover, at a time when the brand was loosing upto 500million a year.

Due to a new model line up and improved performance Land Rover stand to make 800million profit this year alone.

Jaguar finally seem to have turned the financial corner, and their new model line up should help to return their finances into the black very soon.

All this talk of Ford selling Land Rover and Jaguar has been floating around for over twelve months now. It gets re hashed everytime the financial papers run out of real stories to speculate about. The original story developed because Ford are hemoraging money in the US. They are looking at, or have looked at, all possible avenues to reduce costs. Including the closure of several manufacturing plants in the US and the recent sale of Aston Martin.

This doesn't automatically mean that Land Rover and Jaguar are next to go. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #125062 Thu Jul 12 2007 1:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1