RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Track Explorer V1.07 now supports Anquet Maps V6
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Kevin

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Alaska White
Track Explorer V1.07 now supports Anquet Maps V6

I thought that some of you posh Laughing types would like to know so I have cross posted from disco3.co.uk

Track explorer Lite V1.07 was released this morning and now supports Anquet Maps V6 aef file export. Smile

Having spent some time getting no response from Anquet as to whey there Version 6 cannot read the old version 2 aef files, Evil or Very Mad I sent an email to the Wayfinder Administration Team to see if they could help.

Theis was early yesterday morning and Jon Wildsmith has worked over the last 24 hours to add this feature. Thumbs Up

I was able to send him a small file which contained the date of a few routes in both the old and new format for him to work from.

This morning he released Track Exolorer V1.07 from where it is possible to export Anquer V6 AEF files.

These are then imported int Anquet V6 where they are converted into Anquet's own database file. (this can take a few minutes for grid squares containing lots of lanes).

The result is that it if now posible to see all the lanes in Anquet V6.

I am so impressed wit the speed that Jon has sorted this out for me that I sent wayfinder a donation via paypal. Thumbs Up

Track Explorer can be dowloaded for free from http://www.way-finder.co.uk and you can join for free. Kevin

Post #103518 Thu Apr 19 2007 12:50pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Does this mean that you can upload Anquet OS maps onto your LR SatNav system, which would be a truely useful function?? I currently use a PDA with GPS enablement and Memory Map for offroading. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #103595 Thu Apr 19 2007 6:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Kevin

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Alaska White

Hi Tim

Sorry for the slow reply - been crawling round in **** welding a new floor into the ladies heads (toilet for any land lubbers out there) on Solent Scene. We made a foot square hole with the needle scaler yesterday into the engine room Embarassed and need the vessel in service for the weekend. Whistle

Regarding your question.

Unfortunately it does not mean tha you can upload them on the LR system.

What it does mean is that of you use the latest version of Anquet Maps, V6 you can now export routes from wayfinder as you could using Memory Map and the old verssion 2 of Anquet. Up this was not possibe and Anquet have been of no help whatsoever.

Regards Kevin

Post #103731 Thu Apr 19 2007 11:41pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MARINE W*** talk like that is worse than talking about other types of W***
Thanks for your answer..................... One day the excellent MemoryMaps and Anquet systems will be able to send some useful info to the LR "offroad" maps which are really rather basic! For the time being having a GPS enabled iPaq or subnotebook size computer with one of the systems installed is the best compromise that also means that if you have 2 cars you can transfer the system easily from car to car as necessary. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #103752 Fri Apr 20 2007 8:57am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1