RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Off ROAD EAS ADJUSTMENTS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

apollogod

Australia 
Off ROAD EAS ADJUSTMENTS

Just traded my 03my RR and LR3 for new RR Sport TDV8 Australian spec, UK similar to HSE. Most offroading in Australia is completed on sand and soft sand, think Fraser Island. The previous Rangie had trouble in sand as it was the first 4WD to use 18 inch wheels and until Cooper released the 265/60 HT Plus, the car was a dog in soft sand just too heavy.

This leads me to my question regarding EAS on the sport. I need to adjust the EAS software so I can permently set the off road ride height to around 275mm not 225mm and keep it there until I desire. Similar off road height to the Rangie. I know the RRS does lift like the LR3 in extreme situations. Can anyone help?

Post #164102 Tue Apr 08 2008 12:02pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

This has been a topic discussed before and I think there's no solution at present. I seem to remember that a company in Surrey were able to programme the ECU to lower at high speeds so I presume it would be able to do the opposite. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #164103 Tue Apr 08 2008 12:06pm
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

There are a few threads on the D3 site, one Australian one is http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic15211.html

I think a few people are finding it challenging, in particular in OZ where it makes sense to have a higher ride out due to some of the roads (thats being generous with some of the tracks we have to drive on). I am not sure there is an easy answer at the moment. Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #164104 Tue Apr 08 2008 12:24pm
Leo

Kenya 

apollogod,
I know that dealers can recalibrate the suspension height but the problem is finding one who is willing to do it. Someone who posts regularly on www.rangerovers.net/forum in the USA had his done and reports no problems so far.

My dealer even showed me how they do it - they use the same process to adjust the 'level' if need be, but he wasn't willing to permanently raise the height. He was worried about being held liable for a roll-over or premature wear of cv-joints etc. Can't wait for an independent garage to get the tools.

Post #164115 Tue Apr 08 2008 2:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1