RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Windscreen wiper wash not working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

j8keyboy

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Windscreen wiper wash not working

Windscreen wiper wash not working even though I've filled up the fluid. The headlamps wash is working correctly though - any ideas? FOR SALE
2005 55 TDV6 HSE, JAVA BLACK, BLACK LEATHER, FACTORY PRIVACY GLASS, SIDE STEPS, OVERFINCH SUPERSPORT 22S, COLOUR CODED GRILL & VENTS, CHROME MIRRORS, CLEAR REPEATERS, BLACK LR BADGES, 52K MILES, FLRSH

Post #156972 Sun Feb 24 2008 9:11pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

It sounds like your washer jet tube has become disconnected behind the bonnet deadener pad.

This is fairly simple to fix or you can book your motor into the stealers and get it repaired under warranty.

If you want to repair the fault yourself, carefully remove the black trim studs along the RH side of the bonnet deadener (as you look from the front of the engine bay). A flat bladed screwdriver or a pair of scissors are ideal for removal of the studs. Pull back the deadener pad and you will see the tube running across the underside of the bonnet. Simply push the tube back into position onto the black bonnet jet. As added protection I fitted a small cable tie around the pipe to make sure it doesn't come off again. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #156975 Sun Feb 24 2008 9:39pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Mine has done this several times.

Getting stealer to sort it once and for all next Monday (24k service) Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #157149 Mon Feb 25 2008 9:22pm
db

United Kingdom 
fuse?

J8keyboy...this happened to me too. it is more than likely the fuse. (Number 11 I think)
Word of warning: the fuse is easy to get out but getting to one of the spare fuses in the fuse box is impossible...so get along to a dealer and part with 16 pence for a new one and bingo......sorted.

Hope that helps.
db

Post #157628 Fri Feb 29 2008 5:29pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

16p for a fuse - any dealer worth his salt would surely replace it for free................................ I know margins are tight but 16p could make the differnece between a happy customer and a cheesed off one! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #157647 Fri Feb 29 2008 6:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TB

Its not the fuse db, if you read the original post again you will see that the headlamp power wash is still working. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #157670 Fri Feb 29 2008 8:15pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

If you try the washer and the motor makes a noise but no water comes out it is either a blockage or pipe disconnected. Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #157697 Sat Mar 01 2008 7:20am
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

16p for a fuse Shocked

i would have paid by credit card it would have cost them more than 16p to process it, if they wouldn't accept the card tell them to post me a invoice

thats bad Rolling Eyes

Post #157705 Sat Mar 01 2008 9:20am
simonsi

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Arctic Frost

TB wrote:
Its not the fuse db, if you read the original post again you will see that the headlamp power wash is still working.

They are on different fuses IIRC, same on the D3 - and I had just this on my D3 a couple of weeks ago, replaced the Windscreen fuse and away we go. I replaced the 10A with a 15A as the 10A goes too easily IMHO, many D3s running with slightly higher fuses in that slot with no apparant problems... Cheers

Simon

2007 2.7HSE 20" Wheels
2005 TDV6 D3 S Auto - Zambezi Silver - JE Tune - RRS 19" - Sidesteps - Roof Rails
Body Side Strips - Xenons - Bright Pack - Cold Pack - Premium Stereo
Alpine Roof - Towpack - Alpine Touchscreen Satnav - Veba Rear DVD changer
Alpine Roof Monitor - Webasto FBH Timer - Brembo Frt & S/C Rr Brakes

Post #157706 Sat Mar 01 2008 9:22am
Kaine

United Kingdom 

simon,

i guess your aware that just changing from a 10 to a 15A is not a best solution - if their is a fault in the system the fuse will not protect properly - I take it your already aware of this and are happy to just use a 15A fuse

Kaine

Post #157710 Sat Mar 01 2008 9:47am
simonsi

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Arctic Frost

Kaine wrote:
simon,

i guess your aware that just changing from a 10 to a 15A is not a best solution - if their is a fault in the system the fuse will not protect properly - I take it your already aware of this and are happy to just use a 15A fuse

Kaine

Yep not ideal but then I suspect that the 10A is not ideal either as it seems (from lots of D3 evidence) to blow at the first sign of blocked/frozen jets. The fuse is there to protect the wiring primarily and hence prevent a short causing a fire - however much of the D3 loom is fused at 15A or higher so I am happy to replace the fuse as the wiring should be capable of carrying 15A safely as it can/does elsewhere. Cheers

Simon

2007 2.7HSE 20" Wheels
2005 TDV6 D3 S Auto - Zambezi Silver - JE Tune - RRS 19" - Sidesteps - Roof Rails
Body Side Strips - Xenons - Bright Pack - Cold Pack - Premium Stereo
Alpine Roof - Towpack - Alpine Touchscreen Satnav - Veba Rear DVD changer
Alpine Roof Monitor - Webasto FBH Timer - Brembo Frt & S/C Rr Brakes

Post #157771 Sun Mar 02 2008 12:00am
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up

Post #157772 Sun Mar 02 2008 12:03am
db

United Kingdom 

yep TB I read it...but the headlamp wash and windscreen washers are on different fuses. Wink

Post #157780 Sun Mar 02 2008 10:37am
TB

Well I didn't know they were different fuses. So I'm happy to say thanks I've learnt something new about the RRS. Thumbs Up

But I'd still like to hear from j8keyboy to see what the real problem was. Wink Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Post #157792 Sun Mar 02 2008 12:22pm
Pelyma

England 

I bet TB is right my D3 does it from time to time, the pipe pops off the jet and the sound deadening material soaks up the water so you don't see it. Presumably if the fuse has gone you won't here the pump running? Porsche Cayenne S Diesel 66 Plate

Post #157855 Sun Mar 02 2008 10:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>