RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > How to adjust engine idle speed?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Fergil

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver
How to adjust engine idle speed?

My TDV6 idles at about 800 rpm, the frequency pitch of which causes various parts of the dashboard to rattle.

Increasing the revs by using the accelerator pedal will immediately stop the vibrations, but my LR dealer assures me that there is no way to adjust the idle speed.

I appreciate that manual adjustment screws may no longer exist, but I find it difficult to accept that there is no way of varying the tickover speed.

The car is about to go back to the dealer to have some other faults investigated and I should welcome having some constructive suggestions to relay to them. Rolling Eyes

Post #155761 Thu Feb 14 2008 12:05pm
Gary

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Get the stealer to address the rattles your tickover is fine

Post #155766 Thu Feb 14 2008 12:32pm
Fergil

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Thanks, Gary.

Unfortunately, they have not been able to do anything about the rattles which are widespread in and around the dashboard on tick-over.

Does anyone know of a software upgrade which might help?

Post #155964 Fri Feb 15 2008 1:58pm
Texstar

United Kingdom 

Not sure if this is the same, but in my D3 (TDv6), the whole car 'buzzes' at idle, it's not confined to the dash,for instance, if I lift the tailgate I can feel it vibrating. I've mentioned it several times at dealership and last time did a software update, but if anything it is now slightly worse. Big Cry .......I don't believe them when they say 'it is a characteristic of the car Sir', either.....I'm sure it wasn't doing this when it was new. RRS TDV8 Buck Blue (no, not now in my dreams). ..........D3 TDclankety clankV6 ............BMW 318i

Post #155965 Fri Feb 15 2008 2:59pm
PJPR01

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Cairns Blue

The idle of around 750-800 is normal and is not manually adjustable. However, the vehicle automatically resets the idle speed if you disconnect the battery for 2 minutes and then re-connect. Unfortunately, some of those vibrations that you mention seem to exist more in some vehicles than others, I've had them from time to time (they've all disappeared) and i have usually found another root cause, i.e. loose idler pulley, loose screws on exhaust system or some other item that is transmitting the vibration to the frame of the car, and then to the interior.

One thing you can do is go and sit in another vehicle at the dealer and see if it does the same thing, compare it side by side with the SERVICE MANAGER and force them to address the issue. Dash vibration is too much...should not be occurring, at most you might feel a vibration through the steering wheel or gear shift knob, if in Drive with your foot on the brake.

Good luck. PJPR
Cairns Blue HSE
180k Miles of Adventure

Post #156000 Fri Feb 15 2008 5:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1