RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > New TDV8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

buchaneer

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver
New TDV8

I've had my TDV6 sport since Oct 2006 and am considering changing to the TDV8 version.
Can snybody tell me how the performance is improved as I'm fed up of being burned up by everything else on the road.
What is the accurate difference in the MPG figures as I get about 26 mpg average at the moment.
Any accurate feedback appreciated.

Buchaneer

Bow down Idea buchaneer

Post #149320 Fri Dec 21 2007 3:56pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

There's a huge performance difference and you will leave most other things standing, including some quite fast machines! The road-holding and drivablity are a world away from the TDv6.

Fuel consumption ........................ depends on how you drive it Mr. Green Fast and furious A roads I'm getting between 21 and 27mpg per tank depending on whether I want to beat boy racers (that's dead easy and gives them a hell of a fright because they are expecting a TDv6) or play Mr sensible, long fast runs (300-400 miles tretches on the motorway) then I'm seeing 29-31mpg, that's on a 7 week old, 4300mile TDv8. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #149328 Fri Dec 21 2007 4:33pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TheLynxEffect

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

I've had my TDV8 for nearly 2 weeks now and not getting over 21mpg average! Done 1500 miles in that time too. Anyone any ideas when i should start seeing some improvement? Mostly this week it's been urban driving so can understand the low mpg but even on long motorway stretches at a steady 80-90 leptons then not getting much better than 22mpg!

Post #149338 Fri Dec 21 2007 6:47pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Lynx you are enjoying that rumbling exhaust/ induction roar too much Mr. Green I found that easing back to 70-75 pays dividends and you can still drop it into Sport on the commandshift when you want to play at boy racers.
I do admit that my car has never had to do any commuting driving as I generally use a plane for commuting to my work abroad. Remember also that the RRSport gearbox is adaptive - it learns your driving style so if you stamp on the loud pedal all the time it will always give you leap away performance. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #149339 Fri Dec 21 2007 6:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

7k miles plus on mine, I have MT/R tyres on and those hurt the mpg quite a lot but still managing 25-26mpg.
Cold slippy roads yesterday and a high of -5c so had a play with the terrain response and stuck it in GGS mode, it was like the car was stuck in treacle, never drove it long enouch to see if there was any change in consumption tho.
Forcast here is colder tomorrow and sunday then rain monday so think that is the day to go play in sand mode Twisted Evil Whistle Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #149365 Fri Dec 21 2007 9:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1