RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > LHD Dipping Headlghts for a RHD RRS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

PLidds

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
LHD Dipping Headlghts for a RHD RRS

First post on the site so here goes. I will start by commenting what a superb forum this is for all sorts of info!!

Being an export customer I pick up a RRS UK Spec'd from Marshall's in Peterborough anually and use in Germany. Up until now the lighting regulations imposed on export only required the front dipped lights to switch from a L H Dip to a flatbeam. From 1 Mar 08, new regulations imosed require a full switch for permanent use. My only option at present, if I go for another RRS in May 08, is to buy dealer supplied which I have yet to cost for a TDV8. Why, like BMW, don't manufacturers go for the full switch option instead of a halfway house? Customer Services have mentioned a factory available option of a second set of headlights but have seen no more on this option. RRS TDV8 Java/Ebony, Privacy
New Model 07 Mini Cooper S Blue with white stripes
Debating RRS TDV8 in Stornaway or Jag XF SV8?

Post #148832 Mon Dec 17 2007 9:27pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I'll add this to the 2009MY wish list! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #148846 Mon Dec 17 2007 10:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ayates

United States 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

Know its not answering the question, but when I lived in Norway a few years ago having moved from Aberdeen, UK I took my then Freelander over with me along with LHD lighting units which I had fitted once in Norge. It did the trick and when I sold the car (at a big profit over new - thx to Norway car prices) the new owner was another expat brit anyway. Brit across the Pond Wink
07 TATA (LR) RRS SuperVindaloocharged, Buckingham Blue, Stormers, TPMS, Sunroof, Rear Difflock,PDC front & rear, Privacy, Rear twin DVD, premium ice, mudflaps, premium Ivory leather, lined oak, PTI, Sat Radio.

Post #148859 Mon Dec 17 2007 11:57pm
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue
Re: LHD Dipping Headlghts for a RHD RRS

PLidds wrote:
First post on the site so here goes. I will start by commenting what a superb forum this is for all sorts of info!!

Being an export customer I pick up a RRS UK Spec'd from Marshall's in Peterborough anually and use in Germany. Up until now the lighting regulations imposed on export only required the front dipped lights to switch from a L H Dip to a flatbeam. From 1 Mar 08, new regulations imosed require a full switch for permanent use. My only option at present, if I go for another RRS in May 08, is to buy dealer supplied which I have yet to cost for a TDV8. Why, like BMW, don't manufacturers go for the full switch option instead of a halfway house? Customer Services have mentioned a factory available option of a second set of headlights but have seen no more on this option.
Is your car a LHD to UK spec? (just read yours is RHD) Mine is LHD and the headlights are fully switched. When you park a short distance from a wall you can see the pattern and how it goes when you switch from left to right. I picked up my car in Oct. It is made to comply with Belgian regulations but to a UK spec level (with some extras), it was built to special order by LR for me Thumbs Up Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #148878 Tue Dec 18 2007 10:48am
TheLynxEffect

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

I picked up my TDV8 last week from same dealership and am also exporting to Germany in January. I specified "Switchable Bi-Xenons" on the build order which was a FOC option. Must admit haven't tried switching them yet but will do soon and let you know results. I sincerely hope that they are fully switchable otherwise I'll have the same problem as you!

Post #148916 Tue Dec 18 2007 12:42pm
PLidds

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

TheLynxEffect wrote:
I picked up my TDV8 last week from same dealership and am also exporting to Germany in January. I specified "Switchable Bi-Xenons" on the build order which was a FOC option. Must admit haven't tried switching them yet but will do soon and let you know results. I sincerely hope that they are fully switchable otherwise I'll have the same problem as you!

I had mine checked on a beam setter and they do only switch from LH Dip to a flatbeam which I also confirmed with customer services. This causing me an headache as I don't know whether to re-order a RRS (which I throughly enjoy) or consider an X5!!!! I need to cost a set of lights to make a decision or does anybody know where to get a set for a TDV8 without paying stealer prices?? RRS TDV8 Java/Ebony, Privacy
New Model 07 Mini Cooper S Blue with white stripes
Debating RRS TDV8 in Stornaway or Jag XF SV8?

Post #149017 Wed Dec 19 2007 7:45am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You may be able to swop the lights on an exchange basis if you ask the supplying dealer to get hold of a set of the correct dipping lights. Either they swop them the day before the car goes overseas or you put up with continental dipping lights for a few weeks before you go. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #149035 Wed Dec 19 2007 10:41am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Josh

United Kingdom 

When I used to export my cars years ago. The only solution then was to buy another set for foreign use and store the UK set for future use or selling time.
Good to see tehnology hasn't changed in the last 20 years Rolling Eyes

I thought that all the RRS's had switchable head lamps for foreign use. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #149083 Wed Dec 19 2007 5:47pm
Steve in germany

Germany 

Anyone taking delivery of RRS 1st March 2008 onwards will need LHD lights to pass current BFG light test, Landrover will fit LHD lights with the RHD placed in the boot for future use. This will be carried out at Marshalls Peterborough prior to you taking delivery of your car. The cost of this will be £500. Landrover are subsidising the cost by £500 for Military customers, the actual cost should be £1,000. Thumbs Up Speed Limits! not where I live!

Back in a D3

Did have: RRS TDV8 2008.5MY
Did have: Q7 3.0TDi S-Line/Tech/Comms pack
Did Have: Disco3 HSE

Post #149167 Thu Dec 20 2007 11:55am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Is that only for BFGs, Steve, or a Germany or continent-wide requirement? 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #149174 Thu Dec 20 2007 12:03pm
hartleyhair

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

PLIDDS you have a PM Driving - TDV8 HSE in Stornaway / Ebony / Brunel
Sold - 56 TDV8 HSE in Java Black EBONY/RHODIUM/PRIVACY GLASS
Sold - 05 TDV6 HSE BONATTI/BLACK/RHODIUM 20''STORMERS, PTI AND FACTORY TINT.

Post #149179 Thu Dec 20 2007 12:13pm
Steve in germany

Germany 

This is for the BFG community, they have to abide by a set of standing orders (rules) to ensure they do not loose their entitlement and other privleges. However you can switch RRS RHD lights to a flat beam for continental driving. This basically takes away the kick up and puts down a flat beam of light, thus stops peaple flashing at you because they think you are driving along with your main beam on. Speed Limits! not where I live!

Back in a D3

Did have: RRS TDV8 2008.5MY
Did have: Q7 3.0TDi S-Line/Tech/Comms pack
Did Have: Disco3 HSE

Post #149182 Thu Dec 20 2007 12:19pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Thanks Steve Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #149183 Thu Dec 20 2007 12:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1