RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Blackberry 8100 Pearl issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Phantom

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

My phonebook is 384 items large and downloads directly from my BB 8100 Pearl. 08.5 RRS TDV6 HSE Java Black/Alpaga - Cold Climate Pack - Privacy Glass - Bluetooth - Sunroof - 20" wheels - Rubber Floor mats.
07 Mini Cooper Cabrio - Astro Black - Leather Recaro seats - Chili Pack - Chrome Pack - Chrono Pack - Extra Lights - JCW/K&N engine tuning - John Cooper edition.

Previous cars:
Mercedes C 270CDI - Opel Vectra GTS 2.2DTI - Volvo V40 1.9DTI - Mercedes C 220CDI

Post #150027 Sat Dec 29 2007 3:32pm
MaxRRS

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Dear Phantom,

Fascinating.

This issue has bugged me since I bought my 8100 Pearl. Do you have any specific settings on your 8100? I am assuming that your whole 'phone book is loaded into the RR (I have 410 entries in my 8100 Address Book and about the last 120 won't load).

MaxRRS

Post #150051 Sat Dec 29 2007 9:21pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PaulN

2008 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Stornoway Grey

My Pearl did the same thing. 2 observations. It did not seem transfer what it believes to be duplicates. I had several people with the same last name and it only transferred one of them. My address book is currently sorted last name, first name. When I changed it to first name, last name then those "duplicate" names transferred but others did not.

Changing the address book sort in my phone to list by company brought in a different registry of names to the RRS BTI.

Post #150365 Thu Jan 03 2008 7:32pm
MaxRRS

Thanks for your input. I have about 15 or so names with 'John' as a first name. They all load into the system. Every contact is there up to a certain number (approx 300). The entries that drop, are after this point. Interestingly if I add names early in the Contacts list of my Blackberry, then the last entry changes accordingly ie an entry previously loaded drops off.

However I have a Nokia 6230i which loads all entries.

Here is the Landrover response:

"We managed to download a maximum of 300 contacts from Blackberry 8100 and the same happened for Blackberry 8800. We have analyzed the communication between the system and the phone using our Bluetooth sniffer. There are no errors shown and we found out that contacts are downloaded from Blackberry in the form of vcards. We think there is probably a physical limitation on the number of contacts that can be downloaded using this method (this can be due to a limitation in the system itself or to the fact that Blackberry phones gives access only to a certain area of memory for phonebook download)."

MaxRRS

Post #150579 Sat Jan 05 2008 9:44pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

and are they going to look into it or let it be? Hopefully LR & Blackberry might have a little chat about this but I doubt it! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #150580 Sat Jan 05 2008 9:49pm
MaxRRS

Here is what Landrover intend to do. I am hopeful.

"We are in contact with the responsible person at RIM, we hope to meet at the CES show in LV during early Jan 2008. They are keen to work with us on this space and going forward I think we will be able to address these issues in more detail and earlier."

Regards,

MaxRRS

Post #150581 Sat Jan 05 2008 9:53pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

That's positive! Thumbs Up 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #150582 Sat Jan 05 2008 10:05pm
MaxRRS

We will live in hope. RRS 2.7 TDV6 | Zermat Silver | Active Differential | Bi-Zenon Headlights | Tow Kit | Phone Integration | Cooler Box | TomTom 720 |||My passion = VH-CMU Beechcraft Twin Engine Duchess, Avco Lycoming engines-each 180bhp @ 2700rpm, Cruise 145 kts.

Post #150591 Sun Jan 06 2008 12:40am
PaulN

2008 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Stornoway Grey

MaxRRS,

THanks for the info. I deleted enough contacts to get under 300 and they all made it over. The "duplicate name" issue I was experiencing must have been some protocol to transfer up to 300 contacts then manage the excess.

Have another question though, many of my contacts have multiple #'s but I only see 1 of them, howver, if they call from any of their #'s their name will appear on the display therefore all of their numbers must have made it in, but I can only see the one.

Have you experienced the same?

Thanks again,

Paul

Post #150627 Sun Jan 06 2008 8:59pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Only the first number in the BB will be displayed when phone book is transfered to the RRS - a pain I know! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #150630 Sun Jan 06 2008 9:28pm
MaxRRS

Paul that is correct. Only one number.

Nokia 6230i is the same. However the Nokia allows you to nominate a default which is the number the RR PTI then utilises.
Rolling Eyes RRS 2.7 TDV6 | Zermat Silver | Active Differential | Bi-Zenon Headlights | Tow Kit | Phone Integration | Cooler Box | TomTom 720 |||My passion = VH-CMU Beechcraft Twin Engine Duchess, Avco Lycoming engines-each 180bhp @ 2700rpm, Cruise 145 kts.

Post #150643 Sun Jan 06 2008 10:31pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12