RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > weird sounds comes from the back
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

wowow

United Arab Emirates 2008 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White
weird sounds comes from the back

3 of us were in the car, cruizing around on my 08 RRS, my friend shocked me, he said what is this wierd noise coming from the the back right side.....>>>??? Shocked

I coudn't hear it at that time so I stopped and sat on the rear seat; I hav'e heard the noise it is like constant wistle comes from the back side specially behind the second seat passenger side.

btw my car just gone 6000 Kilos. is because the fuel pump ???

Post #145292 Wed Nov 14 2007 11:32pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

It could be a door seal if it only occurs while the car is moving and you have the aircon fan running at full bore. I have an annoying noise from the front right side door (drivers door here) in my TDv8, it only appears when the aircon fan is running at higher speeds and the car is doing more than 25mph. I opened the door and squeezed the seal rubbers in the area the noise appeared to be coming from and that cured it. I think the rubber had been damaged/ squashed while the car was in storage/transport to the dealer. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #145316 Thu Nov 15 2007 10:17am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Sounds like wind noise to me.

A trip to the dealers should cure it. They will check out all of the seals and profiles on that side of the vehicle and hopefully cure the route cause of the problem. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #145366 Thu Nov 15 2007 8:29pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Wind noise a la Beanz Meanz Heinz or wind noise ??Mr. Green 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #145370 Thu Nov 15 2007 8:42pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Laughing Laughing Laughing Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #145371 Thu Nov 15 2007 8:43pm
wowow

United Arab Emirates 2008 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

it is not the rubber or seal..... even when the car at stop. you here this sound woooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmm. that what you here when you sit on the second seat passenger side.

the weird this is when I turn the car off the sounds stay couple of seconds and then stops.

Hint** gas tank is on the passenger side so maybe Maybe it is from the fuel pump

had anyone had this stiuation before

Post #145619 Sun Nov 18 2007 7:48am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1