RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Mobile Vehicle Solutions V8 Power Run
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Mobile Vehicle Solutions

United Kingdom 

Thought I would post some FAQ'S, to hopefully answer all you questions.

Mobile Vehicle Solutions FAQ's

Q: Will a Powerchip reduce the engines lifespan?
A: With the improved performance gains, more work and load is placed on the engine, we take the power up to what we deem as a safe level where engine life won't be affected.

Q: Does it affect the warranty?
A: Any modifications from standard will affect your warranty, our Powerchips modifications are generally undetectable, even by main dealers.

Q: Do I need to tell my insurance company?
A: Yes you should do, the end decision is yours, but don't forget that Powerchips are nearly all undetectable.

Q: Does my wife need to know?
A: We'll let you decide on this one!

Q: Will it improve my MPG?
A: On a turbo diesel vehicle, a Powerchips upgrade generally does improve fuel economy, sadly on the petrol cars this isn't generally the case.

Q: My car has 150k miles on the clock, should I fit a Powerchip?
A: This all depends on the actual condition of your engine. If it is in good condition then you won't have a problem, in fact, on some of the HGV's, our customers will only fit a Powerchip after 1 million miles!

Q: Can you chip my modified car?
A: Yes we can, our Powerchips are mapped with minor modifications in mind. If you have an exhaust, air filter etc then our Powerchip will be perfect. We can also do custom tuning on the rolling road for cars that need a custom map.

Q: Where is my ECU located?
A: Please look at the ECU location guide, this shows the locations of a wide variety of vehicles, if yours isn't showing please phone us.

Q: I live miles away and want my car chipped, what should I do? Can I have a Powerchip by Mail Order?
A: You can have your car fitted with a Powerchip in a few different ways. The best way is if you can bring the whole vehicle to us. Alternatively you can remove the ECU yourself and send it to us, we would fit the Powerchip and send the ECU back on a next day courier service. Another way is by us comming over to you MOBILE.

Q: If I post my ECU to you, how long does it take to get it back?
A: Normally it is a 3 day turnaround. If you were to send it on a next day service, we would receive it, modify it and send it out the same day, so a 3 day turnaround from start to finish

Q: What fuel should I use after fitting a Powerchip?
A: We recommend that super unleaded fuel is used on a car after being fitted with a Powerchip, with super unleaded you will see the benefits of the chip much much more.

Q: Do my brakes need upgrading?
A: They won't need upgrading, the power differences sadly aren't great enough to warrant uprated brakes, obviously if you feel you need to, do it.

Q: How much power will I get?
A: This depends on the model of the Vehicle, on a turbocharged car, you should expect around 30-40%, on a normally aspirated car 10-15% is the norm. For more accurate information please ring us.

Thumbs Up

Regards
Steve
http://www.mobilevehiclesolutions.co.uk

Post #140015 Tue Oct 02 2007 11:20am
Mobile Vehicle Solutions

United Kingdom 

Just a note If anyone throughout this forum is unsure about using our remap. I can offer a guarantee whereby if you are not happy with our results straight away you can have your money back. No questions.

Regards
Steve Thumbs Up

Post #140038 Tue Oct 02 2007 4:44pm
simonsi

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Arctic Frost

Mobile Vehicle Solutions wrote:
Thought I would post some FAQ'S, to hopefully answer all you questions.

Mobile Vehicle Solutions FAQ's

Q: Will a Powerchip reduce the engines lifespan?
A: With the improved performance gains, more work and load is placed on the engine, we take the power up to what we deem as a safe level where engine life won't be affected.

Just out of interest, how many 000's of miles have you put on how many TDV6 testbed cars to support this statement??? Cheers

Simon

2007 2.7HSE 20" Wheels
2005 TDV6 D3 S Auto - Zambezi Silver - JE Tune - RRS 19" - Sidesteps - Roof Rails
Body Side Strips - Xenons - Bright Pack - Cold Pack - Premium Stereo
Alpine Roof - Towpack - Alpine Touchscreen Satnav - Veba Rear DVD changer
Alpine Roof Monitor - Webasto FBH Timer - Brembo Frt & S/C Rr Brakes

Post #140263 Thu Oct 04 2007 3:08pm
happydays

MVS,

I take it you are a Powerchip dealer?

Could you explain the chip tuning process to me for my TDV8....how is it done and how long does it take and will the wife find out? Smile

Post #140283 Thu Oct 04 2007 5:01pm
Mobile Vehicle Solutions

United Kingdom 

HappyDays, We are a powerchip dealer and a Rica dealer. The process is just the same as most. We read the file from the ECU, then send across the file to either powerchips or Rica, the choice is yours. The file then comes back modified. We then re-flash the new file into you ECU. The job takes around 30min and NO you wife will not find out unless she drives the car then it will have a little more grunt, then she may ask why? or is there something wrong with the car LOL.

We also keep a backup of you original file

Regards
Steve Thumbs Up

Post #140395 Fri Oct 05 2007 12:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12