Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Winter tyres
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

flydive

Switzerland 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
Winter tyres

Hi Guys,
soon my dealer is going to offer a deal on winter tyres + wheels.

What do you suggest, should I go for 19' or 18'(presently I have 20' with Contis), I will be doing quite a bit of highway on them as well, and maybe a bit of light off roading.

Any suggestion on good tyres?

Thank you '08 RRS TDV8
I converted my diesel RRS to run on an environmentally friendly mixture of caribou fat and baby seals oil

Post #137509 Thu Sep 13 2007 4:05pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

19 and take Pirelli Scorpions... Cool 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #137512 Thu Sep 13 2007 4:21pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

..bleeding flip, is it that time of year already. Very soon there will be flury of posts about smoke from the nearside front wing, just you wait.

Oh and by the way, I fitted Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow on 19" rims last Winter and they were excellent. Definitely the way to go. Indeed I think they were much better than the Conti's on 20" that I run in the summer.

Thumbs Up RRS TDv8 HSE Rimini
Disco 4 TDv6 HSE Ipanema
Defender 90, 200tdi CSW

Post #137548 Thu Sep 13 2007 11:16pm
flydive

Smarticus wrote:
..bleeding flip, is it that time of year already. Very soon there will be flury of posts about smoke from the nearside front wing, just you wait.

Oh no, I think mine is going to smoke from the offside wing...... Wink '08 RRS TDV8
I converted my diesel RRS to run on an environmentally friendly mixture of caribou fat and baby seals oil

Post #137550 Thu Sep 13 2007 11:19pm
Roland

Switzerland 

flydive

I wouldn't buy the wheels and tyres from your LR dealer, never, especially not the tyres. You'll end up paying far too much. Shop around on the net and you'll get all the brands for half the price. I always buy mine from reifendirekt.ch............ go and have a look and you'll be positively surprised. Thumbs Up

As for the wheels it's a bit more difficult since even though there are loads on ebay, they are mostly sold by our friends in the UK and the shipping to the continent makes them rather expensive. SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #137558 Fri Sep 14 2007 7:19am
flydive

Hi Roland, yes I was planning to get only the wheels from the dealer and get the tyres somewhere else.

I'll see what the offer is then decide, but as you said is a problem to get them from the net because of the shipping.

In the other end if the price is ok I'll buy from the dealer, even if slightly more expensive, he's been quite good with me, see the thread "busy month" for example, and I believe he deserves it.

Thanks for the link '08 RRS TDV8

Post #137561 Fri Sep 14 2007 8:09am
Roland

Switzerland 

fair enough !

I had the choice between the trip to Solihull by exec jet or a one day offroad course and went for the offroading. SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #137563 Fri Sep 14 2007 8:20am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1