RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > 22x10 alloys...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

db

United Kingdom 
22x10 alloys...

...will these fit straight onto my RRS Supercharged? These are obviously 1 inch wider at 10" than the standard 20x9's that come with the RRSS

They are TUV certified and tested Overfinch style and can come with 265/35's, 285/35's or 275/30's

Ive read here about clearances being tight...etc but Im guessing its the width of the tyre that is the concern

can anyone help?

cheers all

Post #136296 Wed Sep 05 2007 11:33am
PauloAmore

Scotland 

TUV certified. Interesting.

Re your question, I don't know but am interested to know too.

How much, piccies etc? 2022 P440e AB

Post #136304 Wed Sep 05 2007 12:50pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

I assume that a rim company going to the trouble of producing an Overfinch knockoff and getting it TUV certified, would also be savvy enough to make sure it fits over your front Brembos, but the fact the rim is 10" wide really means virtually nothing. It could be 19x9 and fit just fine, or 22x11 and grind against those calipers, or vice versa. Besides the required 5x120 lug pattern, do you know the offset? Some reputable manufacturers make wheels of identical design for the Sport, but with different offsets, clearances and more or less pronounced "lip", depending on whether the alloys will be fitted on Brembo or non-Brembo equipped Sports. If the maker doesn't know for sure, I'd be very careful about purchasing from them without a prior "test fit" on your car. In fact, I'd be very careful about purchasing from them, period. Wink

As far as tires, most people here in the US seem very happy with 285/35s on their 22" rims, they closely match the overall dimensions of the stock 20" setup (your speedo will remain accurate) and offer good comfort - for a 22" tire. Since we are talking about Overfinch, I think they recommend that size tire on their own 22" wheels for the Sport, whether 9 or 10" wide... 

Post #136384 Thu Sep 06 2007 3:14am
db

United Kingdom 

thanks for the info...and I hear what you are saying.....I'm nervous of spending less on Overfinch 'Style' alloys and they not be right.......

mind you I'm also nervous of what my better half might say about the nearly £4000 (or $8000.00) pice tag for the real deal from the boys at Overfinch Big Cry

Post #136406 Thu Sep 06 2007 9:01am
PJPR01

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Cairns Blue

Overfinch Tigers in the U.S. run about 3900 new, if I'm not mistaken...are you saying they are 4000 Pounds Sterling in the UK??? That's incredible...too many taxes there... PJPR
Cairns Blue HSE
180k Miles of Adventure

Post #136498 Fri Sep 07 2007 3:38am
db

United Kingdom 

I think its actually about 3700 pounds sterling with tyres
Im in the US in December.....do you think I could get them back as hand luggage Whistle

Post #136911 Mon Sep 10 2007 8:54pm
cowey101

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Java Black TDV6 HSE - Java Grandes Marques 1/18 - Ducati 749s

Post #136913 Mon Sep 10 2007 9:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1