RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > For Sale & Wanted > bit of TDV8 research..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

kam100

United Kingdom 
bit of TDV8 research..

2006 06 Reg Land Rover Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE

5 Doors, Automatic, Station Wagon, Diesel, 9,590 miles, Java Black, 20" alloy wheels,Adaptive cruise control,Bi-xenon headlights,Climate control,Cold climate pack,Driver & passenger side airbags,Dynamic Stability Control (DSC),Electric heated door mirrors,Electric windows,Electronic parking brake,Front head airbags,Park distance control (PDC),Permanent four-wheel drive,Personal telephone integration,Powerfold exterior mirrors,Rear spoiler,Tinted glass,Electric front seats,Active Roll Mitigation (ARM),Adjustable drivers lumbar support,Hi ICE Pack,Remote central locking,Terrain Response system,Ultrasonic alarm system. £44,585

Ex Land Rover car.. just rang them up and confirmed this is actually a TDV8 ex Land Rover car, so probably ragged to hell, but still VERY cheap TDV8 HSE… Is pictured with 19" wheels, and the dealer told me, they have added the 20" wheels on, and have put the privacy glass on. Bit funny to me, considering the car probably won't even book on an 06 plate, but a cheap car for someone..

Other examples, of UK cars..

2007 56 Reg Land Rover Range Rover Sport 3.6 TDV8 HSE 5dr Auto
5 Doors, Automatic, Estate, Diesel, 2,435 miles, Zermatt Silver, Premium navigation system, Adaptive cruise control, Auto climate control, Driver and passenger airbags, Front and rear head airbags, Front side airbags, 4 channel ABS, DSC-Dynamic Stability Control, Electronic traction control, Remote central locking, Perimetric and volumetric anti theft alarm, Electric front+rear windows, One shot lowering/closing on front windows, 20" 10 spoke alloy wheels with temporary spare wheel, Premium leather upholstery, Clear view pack - Range Rover Sport, Front park distance control, Rear park distance control, Personal telephone integration system with bluetooth, Audio remote control, Body colour bumpers, Electric folding door mirrors, Lumbar support, PAS 4WD. £49,845.

2007 07 Reg RANGE ROVER Sport 3.6 TDV8 HSE

5 Doors, Automatic, Estate, Diesel, 2,000 miles, Silver. ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Alloy wheels, Climate Control, Computer, Cruise control, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Foglights, Front armrest, Electrically adjustable seats, Head restraints, Headlight washers, Folding rear seats, Heated seats, Leather seats, Lumbar support, Navigation system, Park distance control, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Rear armrest, Remote locking, Side airbags, Radio/CD Multichanger, Rear headrests, Traction control, Electric sunroof. Insurance Group:16, FACTORY FITTED SUNROOF,UK SUPPLIED .IN STOCK FOR IMMIDIATE DELIVERY. £49,995.

2007 07 Reg LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER SPORT 3.6 TDV8 HSE 5dr Auto NEW MODEL

5 Doors, Automatic, Estate, Diesel, 250 miles, Metallic Black. ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Alloy wheels, Climate Control, Computer, Cruise control, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Foglights, Electrically adjustable seats, Front armrest, Head restraints, Headlight washers, Folding rear seats, Heated seats, Leather seats, Lumbar support, Navigation system, Park distance control, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Rear armrest, Remote locking, Radio/CD Multichanger, Side airbags, Rear headrests, Traction control, Air conditioning, Anti theft system, Child locks, Colour coding - Body, Colour coding - Interior, Leather upholstery, Locking wheel nuts, Metallic paintwork, Multi function steering wheel, Wood/wood effect trim. Insurance Group:16, This is a brand new uk supplied car,black leather interior,privacy glass,harmon kardon,excellent specification,part exchange welcome,finance options available,only £49,995.

Post #127936 Wed Jul 25 2007 6:54pm
rrsjo

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Another bit of Land Rover research:

All Land Rover Experience vehicles, including RRS TDV8's are taken back by Land Rover after about three months and then put out into the second hand market via their dealers as ex demonstrator cars Most have very low mileages.

Nothing wrong with this, other than the fact that most of that low mileage will have been off road demonstrating the extreme capability of the car - twice a day, 7 days a week for a period of 12 weeks or so. A bit different from the normal dealer demonstrator use and nothing to inform the potential purchaser where it has been used. Some will say "so what - the car was built for it" but personally if I had a choice I would avoid such a background - unless I knew its background and the price reflected this.

Post #127945 Wed Jul 25 2007 7:47pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

rrsjo is this a new thing with the 3 months, I have been in cars at Rockingham that were far older than 3 months.

It may be that the actual LR experience centres have this in force but places like Rockingham I think are like franchises.

Of course all you have to do is avoid silver cars that were LR 'company' releases Wink Very Happy

Post #127946 Wed Jul 25 2007 7:51pm
rrsjo

Cliff H wrote:

Of course all you have to do is avoid silver cars that were LR 'company' releases Wink Very Happy

Yup! That's right - they all seem to be silver! Thumbs Up

Done Rockingham three times now - asked a few questions whilst there. Whistle

Post #127974 Wed Jul 25 2007 9:20pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kam100

United Kingdom 

rrsjo wrote:
Another bit of Land Rover research:

All Land Rover Experience vehicles, including RRS TDV8's are taken back by Land Rover after about three months and then put out into the second hand market via their dealers as ex demonstrator cars Most have very low mileages.

Nothing wrong with this, other than the fact that most of that low mileage will have been off road demonstrating the extreme capability of the car - twice a day, 7 days a week for a period of 12 weeks or so. A bit different from the normal dealer demonstrator use and nothing to inform the potential purchaser where it has been used. Some will say "so what - the car was built for it" but personally if I had a choice I would avoid such a background - unless I knew its background and the price reflected this.

Yeah i agree.. 'normal' demos in my view are fine.
My 318ci, 330d sport, Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, and Bmw 335d Se which is my current car, are ALL ex demo's and i never had a problem with any of them that may have been down to them being a demo car.. in fact i usually look for them, as you get more kit, and can push the price down as they often get a dealer demo allowance on them.

Bmw bracknell cars, you can tell as they all have big fat red no smoking stickers on the ashtray lid.. and they are always a lot cheaper then list, and come kitted too. But like you said, what happens if you get a rockingham car? when i went to a bmw day there, and whilst the guy was on 3 wheels in an x5 demonstrating its balance at high speeds round a bend, i had to ask, where the hell do you take these cars after you're done.. the guys all said, they strip the 'extra's back out of them and scrap the cars, as they really do give them some stick, but i have a suspicion they mix them into the stream of corporate cars i reckon.. but at least you'll get a well run in example!

With LR, i think its the same, although like you said, as long as the price reflects it, it is worth it, and like i said above, 'cheap car for someone'.. i wouldn't personally take that actual example as my own, just as something didn't add up about it, and being on an 06 plate, think along the line other people would suspect the same too.. but any of those 56 plates, would do nicely!

Post #127977 Wed Jul 25 2007 9:31pm
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Kam - you have a mail from me.

Post #128064 Thu Jul 26 2007 9:02am
kam100

United Kingdom 

Cheers MAW, you have a reply..

Was sent this from a very reliable source today reference this demo thing today..

"LR Experience Centres have their cars for a minimum of 6 months and maximum of 18 (contracted to them as LR Exp Centres are franchises), however the cars that are used on new model launches are generally under 6 months old and can be any colour. This is not to say they all go off road either as some may have been the on-road demo cars.

Best bet is to have a good look underneath (raise the suspension and get on your knees) as that’ll show any signs of off road abuse."

Post #128113 Thu Jul 26 2007 1:32pm
rrsjo

kam100 wrote:

"LR Experience Centres have their cars for a minimum of 6 months and maximum of 18 (contracted to them as LR Exp Centres are franchises), however the cars that are used on new model launches are generally under 6 months old and can be any colour. This is not to say they all go off road either as some may have been the on-road demo cars.

Is that not worse - instead of 12 weeks, it can be up to 78 weeks of extreme use twice a day!

As they say "You pays your money - and takes your choice"

Post #128143 Thu Jul 26 2007 3:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1