RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Fitting Front Mudflaps ... quick question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

ayates

United States 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue
Fitting Front Mudflaps ... quick question

I was thinking of fitting a set of front flaps this weekend and before I go ahead I found the installation guide online, looks quite straight forward. However, on looking at the front wheel arch were the flaps would go I can see a rubber strip which I think is the part that need shortened 15mm, is this correct anyone ? Also is there meant to be a metalic centre running through the rubber strip as I can see this on the drivers side ?

Hopefully I can save myself some $$ and spend 40mins on Sat rather than the dealer getting the glory and the bucks !

Cheers for any insight Very Happy

Post #125152 Thu Jul 12 2007 7:39pm
monkey9952

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Hi , i have fitted these myself and yes there is a part of the rubber you need to cut down , just offer up the mudflap and you will see what you need to cut.the metal inside the rubber is to keep the rubber attached better i believe i could be wrong tho ! Rolling Eyes

Post #125222 Thu Jul 12 2007 10:06pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

That sounds about right, although the rubber strip around the wheel arch needs to be cut from just below the top edge of where the flap will sit, all the way down to the plastic trim where the strip ends. That's quite a bit more than a 15 mm section, I think. A strong pair of shears, metal snips or wire cutters will quickly cut through the metal "skeleton" of that rubber trim. I bet you can do both sides in less than 30 minutes. Very Happy The rear ones are a bit more of a pain, mostly because the wheels get in the way of the screw heads and you need an offset Phillips screwdriver (unless you prefer to remove the wheels.) But the front ones are super easy from what I remember. 

Post #125280 Fri Jul 13 2007 6:41am
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey
Re: Fitting Front Mudflaps ... quick question

ayates wrote:
I was thinking of fitting a set of front flaps this weekend and before I go ahead I found the installation guide online, looks quite straight forward. However, on looking at the front wheel arch were the flaps would go I can see a rubber strip which I think is the part that need shortened 15mm, is this correct anyone ? Also is there meant to be a metalic centre running through the rubber strip as I can see this on the drivers side ?

Hopefully I can save myself some $$ and spend 40mins on Sat rather than the dealer getting the glory and the bucks !

Cheers for any insight Very Happy

Just front ones? .... will that look odd... Question

Post #125303 Fri Jul 13 2007 8:33am
ayates

The rear ones were fitted when I bought the car, but been noticing that without the front fitted I get a a tonne of dirt fly up the sides of the doors. Not to bothered about this but just a pain after its just washed. Plus I think they look good Very Happy

Guys thanks for the advice ....

Post #125337 Fri Jul 13 2007 1:05pm
ayates

Bought them at lunchtime and popped home to install them and umbertob you were of course correct, it took all of about 20mins to fit, really simple doh !

Cheers....

Post #125455 Fri Jul 13 2007 8:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1