RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Tips & Tricks > Cool Nuts!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

nigelkippax

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Cool Nuts!!

Any one else found the vent in the steering column. Great when the leather gets hot and sweaty!!!! Very Happy I found it by accident..

Post #120084 Sat Jun 23 2007 12:36pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Yes - good to keep things cool! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #120085 Sat Jun 23 2007 12:43pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Keeps them warm in winter too if you aren't using the seat heaters! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #120090 Sat Jun 23 2007 1:17pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Aye Tim watch your kilt dosn't go a flappin in the breeze Shocked Whistle

Post #120108 Sat Jun 23 2007 2:32pm
Endjin

Scotland 

Yep I've only had the car a week and found the vent by accident when I was crawling all over it looking for just such hidden wee gems - My fiance says I'm just very sad Confused - Pah - What does she know Rolling Eyes .

I did find one other wee mystery too - anyone know why there is a small light that points at the rear view mirror from just behind the courtasy light panel? Is it something to do with the auto-dim function? It only seems to be on when the headlights are on. Question 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #120122 Sat Jun 23 2007 3:33pm
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Could it be shining down onto the gearleaver? My company Vectras had a red LED light shining down on the gear leave area.

Post #120123 Sat Jun 23 2007 3:50pm
Tim in Scotland

That is the "waterfall" lighting and at night it illuminates the ciggy lighter and ashtray.................. whether or not you have the smokers pack. You don't even notice it at night unless you put your hand under it.

Endjin, would be interested to know if your )*my has the interior courtesy light come on when you open either of the rear doors - normally only the indoor puddle lights come on but every body on here whinged about about no rear courtesy lights, would be interested to know if LR have done anything about it 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #120143 Sat Jun 23 2007 4:44pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Endjin

Scotland 

Thanks for the info on the "Waterfall Light" - What a useless piece of Kit - Wonder why they even bothered! Confused

As for your question about the rear courtesy lights - What I have found is that they do not activate by default when you open the rear doors. That said, If you put the I/O switch on each light to the ON position they will go out when the car is locked but of course if you have the car unlocked they just stay on. I agree with the other posts on the forum about this - bloody stupid set-up! There certainly do seem to be a few wee stupid design niggles with the Sport - which really shouldn't exist on a £47k car. The other one is the fact that on the HSE you can't select your own Intermitant Wipe on the front screen wipers because of the bloody automatic wipers setting- I think I'd rather not have the rain sensor actually. As Manuel from Fawlty Towers would say - "Ees Craaazzee" Rolling Eyes Wink

Cheers,

Steve 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #120238 Sun Jun 24 2007 5:37pm
mlines

United Kingdom 

Its called Ambient Lighting on other vehicles and it is actually quite useful in an unobtrusive way, letting you see a lot of the dashboard area on dark nights.

Also I would mind betting that the inventor of both the ambient light and the rear door puddle lighting had an ivory interior in his car - the lighting all illuminates fine when the upholstery is light in colour. 2016 RRS 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography Dynamic in Montalcino Red and Stealth Kit

Post #120262 Sun Jun 24 2007 6:51pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Laughing Laughing

owned the car 8 months and never knew the vent was there Embarassed - just been out to the car to have a look at it

Post #120266 Sun Jun 24 2007 8:07pm
Tim in Scotland

So how many folks didn't read the ventilation section of the owners manual then???? Whistle Whistle

Re the intermittent wipe - it would be more useful to have a variable wiper on the rear - it is fixed up to about 60 or when the front goes into double speed and then it runs continuously........................ my very early Disco2 had a variable rear wipe that only became variable when you changed the front from intermittent to continuous - I had loads of arguements with the dealer about it and they ended up coming out in the car on a wet day to verify it - it wasn't mentioned in any manuals but was fitted on all the cars they had. I hate it when the interval on the rear is too fast and causes the wiper to grate on the screen, but you still need the rear wiper on because of the crap aerodynamics at the rear of the car., 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #120371 Sun Jun 24 2007 10:48pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
So how many folks didn't read the ventilation section of the owners manual then???? Whistle Whistle

How many folks didn't read any of the manual until they needed to? Whistle 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #120695 Tue Jun 26 2007 8:58am
Kaine

United Kingdom 

shmoogle wrote:
Tim in Scotland wrote:

How many folks didn't read any of the manual until they needed to? Whistle

read the manual Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #120749 Tue Jun 26 2007 2:34pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Is there a manual? Confused

On the topic of surprises how many of you with carpet mat realised the rear passenger ones have a lip that fixes under the door sill? 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #120750 Tue Jun 26 2007 2:43pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Very Annoyed wrote:
Is there a manual? Confused

On the topic of surprises how many of you with carpet mat realised the rear passenger ones have a lip that fixes under the door sill?

Shocked no Laughing

note to self - RTFM

Post #120751 Tue Jun 26 2007 2:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>