RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Police seize vehicles in window tinit clamp down
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Didn't they pull all the stops out recently to find minor Portuguese footballer manager's dog as well 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #119801 Fri Jun 22 2007 2:46pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Aye.... there's a lot to be said for becoming a hermit on one of the uninhabited islands of the Maldives. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #119804 Fri Jun 22 2007 2:51pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Until Global warning really takes hold and you have to abandon island......................... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #119805 Fri Jun 22 2007 2:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

That's true - they reckon the entire Maldives would be underwater with a small polar melt don't they? 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #119809 Fri Jun 22 2007 2:55pm
woody

England 

[quote="MikeP"] from the ones I've encountered through my own quarrels with the police they're useless.

I'm not sure what you mean by "quarrels", but i've never had a 'quarrel' with a Police officer. If i've been stopped its because i've done something wrong and accept it. If you 'despise' coppers and show that attitude towards them, then i've no doubt you will be treated appropriately.
There are 30,000 Police officers in London alone... a majority are very hard working, dedicated people.. agreed, you get idiots in every job but i think your being unfair and narrow minded. 2010 Discovery 4
2007 Suzuki GSXR 1000
1993 Defender 90SV

Post #119847 Fri Jun 22 2007 7:31pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I heard today that the number of dedicated Traffic police in London has dropped by 40% - shows that the powers that be are not that interested in safety on our roads but raising revenue. We need more traffic police - it's cost effective because they catch not only bad drivers but other criminals too. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #119849 Fri Jun 22 2007 7:41pm
MikeP

United Kingdom 

[quote="woody"]

MikeP wrote:
from the ones I've encountered through my own quarrels with the police they're useless.

I'm not sure what you mean by "quarrels", but i've never had a 'quarrel' with a Police officer. If i've been stopped its because i've done something wrong and accept it. If you 'despise' coppers and show that attitude towards them, then i've no doubt you will be treated appropriately.
There are 30,000 Police officers in London alone... a majority are very hard working, dedicated people.. agreed, you get idiots in every job but i think your being unfair and narrow minded.

This may be so but its the minority that spoil it for the majority. I have met a few nice police officers on the job - one example was a resident of that lovely town Gerrards Cross complaining because apparently Tango Ice Blast tube things were baseball bats and there were I quote "7 young youths" climbing into my car. So they complained and the next day I had a morning visit from the Local Constabulary asking wherether this was true. One copper was an idiot and the other chap was chatting to me about Miami Vice (Just come out in cinema at the time) he was a nice chap and well natured. Apologised after realising it was total bull and let me enjoy the rest of my day.
The time I got pulled over on the bike I didnt think I was doing anything wrong. There is no LAW stating that you cant be on the telephone whilst on a Push Bike. I told him this because I knew that and the copper got all uptight.
Whilst I'm sure the majority of police officers are hard working and nice people, the few do spoil it and I may well be narrow minded and unfair but so is life - rather cynical and pessimistic view I agree but If you know a police officer or related to one I do apologise I'm sure he/she is an outstanding person.

Also good news that there is likely to be a change in the law. The government wants more police officers on the road. This could mean that if you get caught by a speed camera you will only face the fine and only be liable for points if pulled over by a copper. Quoted from Auto Express this week. Michael Potter
Rangey Lover/BMW Driver

Post #119851 Fri Jun 22 2007 8:05pm
Nutty Nige

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Very Annoyed wrote:
I heard today that the number of dedicated Traffic police in London has dropped by 40% - shows that the powers that be are not that interested in safety on our roads but raising revenue. We need more traffic police - it's cost effective because they catch not only bad drivers but other criminals too.

That is exactly right VA. I was complaining to a traffic officer the other day about how I spend a lot of time driving in the UK with my job but the problems I encounter with the idiots on our roads. I said for god sake get the traffic cars out there and stop it, even if it only cuts accidents down and gets our insurance premium down. The problem drivers are driving with agression and have no respect for other road users. He told me that London is down on traffic cars 40% just as you said, and from there all the way up through the midlands all police stations had there own traffic section but as soon as the speed cameras came along they disbanded the traffic cars. He said he can see it taking a full circle but it wont be for years yet until the situation gets worse. Some of our police stations that had several cars now have one traffic car. Surprised You don't stop playing because you get old, You get old because you stop playing.

07 TDV6 been and gone. 08 TDV6 been and gone. 08.5 TDV8 in evaluation mode and now gone. BMW 535D M sport Been and gone, Now time for RRS No4 - TDV6 HSE in Stornaway with Ebony - 09 Model 6 months old.
RS Cosworth 4x4 Stage 2 Mint for summer
Audi TT
Astra VXR for the daughter.

Post #119896 Fri Jun 22 2007 9:04pm
ENVOY

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Arctic Frost

Quote:
Some of our police stations that had several cars now have one traffic car.

But about 10 speed camera vans instead Evil or Very Mad some of my Previous cars
--------------------------------
P38 Range Rover Autobiography
RRS 2.7 HSE Silver
RRS TDV8 HSE silver
FFRR Vogue black
Disco3 HSE silver
RRS 2.7 HSE silver
RRS 3.0 HSE BALTI BLUE
AC Cobra
Landrover Defender 90
Landrover Defender 110
Suzuki Jimney

Post #120002 Sat Jun 23 2007 12:43am
Josh

United Kingdom 

[quote="woody"]

MikeP wrote:
from the ones I've encountered through my own quarrels with the police they're useless.

There are 30,000 Police officers in London alone... a majority are very hard working, dedicated people.. agreed, you get idiots in every job but i think your being unfair and narrow minded.

Woody, Well said Thumbs Up

Politeness rewards politeness. If you break the law then you pay the price. If you are treated badly then try looking at your own attitude first and that goes for whether it is the police or your local LR garage. Being polite and respectful dosen't cost anything...but it can bring many rewards... Thumbs Up Bad attitude brings pain Exclamation

Going back to the police. These people risk their lives every day so people like us can live safely most of the time. They're under paid and work horrendus hours with little or no thanks from Jo Public or their own management. More often than not the public make up lies about them in their complaints to cover up their own mistakes/wrong doing.
If it wasn't for their efforts then this country might be like Iraq or similar.
Well I'm grateful for their efforts and saddened that so many have lost their lives recently doing an honest days work Exclamation They need supporting not being constantly criticised by ill informed moaners. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #120106 Sat Jun 23 2007 2:28pm
The doc

United Kingdom 

Nutty Nige wrote:
well its strange you say that because the dealer told me one of their customers had to do just that in front of the officer that stopped him. Shocked Shocked

My Mrs is plod and when she went on the "how to check % of window tint on a car course" the two options that they offer are either seize the vehicle or get the driver to remove the tint there and then...

funny when its a drug dealer - not funny when its "real people"

Last edited by The doc on Sat Jun 23 2007 6:33pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #120129 Sat Jun 23 2007 4:11pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

The doc wrote:
Nutty Nige wrote:
well its strange you say that because the dealer told me one of their customers had to do just that in front of the officer that stopped him. Shocked Shocked

My Mrs is plod and when she went on the "how to check % of window tint on a car course" the two options that they offer are either sieze the vehicle or get the driver to remove the tint there and then...

funny when its a drug dealer - not funny when its "real people"

Fantastic - so you rely on the officer's instinct. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #120130 Sat Jun 23 2007 4:18pm
The doc

United Kingdom 

No, they have a tool that measures the amount of light allowed through and if its not enough then the Censored hits the fan.

After that its either peel it of or its impounded

Post #120165 Sat Jun 23 2007 6:31pm
Vankerman

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Tangiers Orange

This country and its crap police forces make me puke!

Even more puke worthy are the feelings of the must tow the line brigade who somewhere I think asked..........If you have the front windows pimped out what are you hiding??? Drugs, illegal driver???

OH FOR CHRISTS sake, they look the Censored , end of Twisted Evil

Leave the motorist, cool enough and hard working enough to afford a nice car, If I got stopped ID love a row with one of the Ferckin Nazi's I teel you id get banged up before they took my car off my bloody drive !

Gentlemen dont be so gullible, the law generally speaking in this country is a total ferkin arse, Rolling with laughter

Post #120421 Mon Jun 25 2007 8:39am
mlines

United Kingdom 

I wonder if the tint law applies to police vehicles - Thames Valley have at least one tinted MPV vehicle in Reading cos I saw one yesterday. I first thought it was for covert observation but quickly realised that the luminous yellow/blue vinyl and the words POLICE were a bit of a giveaway so couldn't work out what it achieved. I must get a picture of so people can wave it at any officers stopping them. Although the front windows were dark they were lighter than the rears which were totally blacked out so perhaps the fronts would pass the light meter test. 2016 RRS 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography Dynamic in Montalcino Red and Stealth Kit

Post #120424 Mon Jun 25 2007 9:53am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>