RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > severe off roading
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

pussy

severe off roading

just found this site and thought you might be interested, their are some interesting pictures of extreme off roading.

www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=569277 no regrets!
ONE LIFE LIVE IT.

Post #113423 Mon Jun 04 2007 9:15pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I've seen a few Defenders with lifts and wheels like those Jeeps (but not quite as extreme).We recently had a 90 on 35" B F Goodrich MTR and a 6" suspension lift at an offroading weekend and as soon as he took the suspension beyond a certain point the springs used to pop out of their location points and he had to jack the car up and relocate them manually. On offroad days these are often also the cars that break suspension and transmission components.It takes a lot of the fun out of offroading when you can just "walk" over everything that gets in the way. Doing it to a Defender increases the turning circle from an already huge one into a multipoint turn excerise for any bend that is remotely near tight 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #113444 Mon Jun 04 2007 10:23pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pussy

do you do much off roading like this Tim or a tad tamer. Very Happy no regrets!
ONE LIFE LIVE IT.

Post #114522 Sun Jun 10 2007 5:20pm
Tim in Scotland

Pussy, we don't have anywhere like that for offroading, I would say that is quite tame compared to where we go, which is properly offroad in the forests and moors of the Scottish West Coast - the only thing about our offroading are the MIDGES and they are deadly at this time of year and they can find everywhere on a Defender where there is a gap that will let water in and find their way in too and bite you!!! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #114582 Sun Jun 10 2007 6:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pussy

got any piccies Tim Very Happy

I do not like the sound of huge mozzies Shocked no regrets!
ONE LIFE LIVE IT.

Post #114619 Sun Jun 10 2007 9:20pm
Tim in Scotland

I have posted a lot of them on the forum already Pussy - there were some videos in a post about New Defenders recently, but I have loads of them on disk. I don't have many of the truely extreme places as I'm usually a bit busy trying to concentrate on the driving rather than taking pics! The problem with the midges is that they are not HUGE, but tiny and you don't see them, you only know they are there after they have bitten! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #114623 Sun Jun 10 2007 9:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1