RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Odd franchise combinations at LR dealers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Odd franchise combinations at LR dealers

I've seen a few LR/Jag/Volvo multifranchises around the country but the LR local dealer here now has a very odd combo of franchises operating from their site. Their LR showrom is totally separate from the other outlets (that share a separate showroom across the lane from the LR showroom but share their body and paint shops with all the brands they sell) but they also sell FIAT, SEAT, Daihatsu and Tata from the same site..................... weird mixture of franchises. Up to the demise of MG Rover they only sold LR and MG Rovers. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #110440 Wed May 23 2007 3:28pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Nutty Nige

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

They set it up now Tim on a European Format agreement. Problem is all the OE manufacturers have a different type of agreement so some will allow another manufacturer on the same site, some will not or you loose your franchise completely.
Then you get the privately owned dealers who have different agreements. Its all very complicated but I am waiting to see what happens when it comes into a court case. You don't stop playing because you get old, You get old because you stop playing.

07 TDV6 been and gone. 08 TDV6 been and gone. 08.5 TDV8 in evaluation mode and now gone. BMW 535D M sport Been and gone, Now time for RRS No4 - TDV6 HSE in Stornaway with Ebony - 09 Model 6 months old.
RS Cosworth 4x4 Stage 2 Mint for summer
Audi TT
Astra VXR for the daughter.

Post #110725 Thu May 24 2007 10:59am
bobbyzcar

We'll I guess all those guys are owned by Ford, so they will allow it. Here in Canada, there are no stand alone Land Rover dealers. Most are Land Rover/Jaguar. There are also some (Grand Touring in Toronto coems to mind) that are Land Rover/Jaguar/Aston Martin/Bentley/Rolls Royce. I dont know if it is the same in Europe, but here in Canada, you will have one guy who ownes MANY dealerships...For example, there is a BMW dealership beside the Land Rover/Jag dealership where I purchased my vehicle and they are both owned by the same guy.

Post #110796 Thu May 24 2007 1:57pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

LR is the only Ford owned outlet of all the franchises that the dealer has - FIAT is Fiat, SEAT is owned by VW/Audi, Daihatsu is independant and Tata is an Indian company whose products you don't ever want to drive........ they are worse even than the old Moskovitch and Lada's we used to get here. The only good thing about a Tata is that it is BOMBproof, they are 4x4's in the old style with modernish bodies on them and Japanese cast-off mechanicals from Mitsubishi I think. But they are extremely crude on the road and not much better off it. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #110801 Thu May 24 2007 2:07pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

I don't think I ever saw a Tata dealer.... does he move many? 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #110814 Thu May 24 2007 2:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1