RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Question to TDV8 owners
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

tony wright

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

Not far off Baron, I was told today it's a faulty fuel sensor. Part ordered and car should be home Wed evening Very Happy .

Post #107770 Tue May 08 2007 8:35pm
The doc

United Kingdom 

Cool Thumbs Up

Post #107773 Tue May 08 2007 9:11pm
tony wright

Just thought I would let people know that my car is still in the garage Crying or Very sad

Recevied phone call today saying they have extended the hire car till next Mon meaning it will of been in the garage for exactly two weeks. After the possible fuel sensor problem they then rang to say they had found an electrical problem. I spoke to them today and they said the car is in lots of bits at the moment and were still trying to find the problem Shocked

Post #108660 Mon May 14 2007 8:09pm
tony wright

Collected my car tonight and told by the garage it was a broken cable. Thats the fourth explanation on went wrong Confused Anyway car drives fine now.

Problem now is after collecting it after work and just before the garage closed I drove it straight home without checking it over Embarassed On my return to the house I decided to give it the once over paying particular attention to the wheels as it was taken away on the back of a recovery truck and strapped down by placing straps through the spokes. I have found a large bulge and tear in one of the front tyre side walls. So much so, that when you peel the rubber back (about 1/4" thick, 2"wide and 4" long) you can see yellow coloured threads also torn and hanging loose Censored .

I rang Landrover Assist to explain and complain about the problem and the lady asked me if I could take it back to the garage in the morning. I refused saying I was not happy driving it as it's a front tyre and the garage is about ten miles away. I also count myself lucky as on the way home I achieved speeds over 90MPH on the Autobahn. She then mentioned the spare wheel, I told her I had just finished work followed by messing about for over an hour and a half collecting the car and the last thing in the world I wanted to do was change the wheel. Being a sad git I also thought the least they could of done is return the car clean and tidy but it was dirtier than when it went in and it's been in there garage for the last week and a half.

Anyway told a mate and he said I was making a mountain out of a mole hill and just change the wheel and take it back. So is it just me and my principles or am I really making this into a bigger issue that it is Question

Post #109178 Wed May 16 2007 8:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12