RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Tyre Bulge
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

tedi

Ireland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Stornoway Grey
Tyre Bulge

Hi guys, just looking for a bit of advice. I was stopped at a roundabout this morning by a guy who told me there was a big bulge in my front passenger tyre. When I arrived at work, I checked it and as he said, one nice bulge about the size of an small apple!! A small kerb ran out in front of me Whistle a few days ago, but it wasn't a bad knock, so I didn't think any more about it, and forgot to check the wheel when I got home. I've no problem replacing the tyre as they're bog standard 17's and the wheel doesn't seem to be damaged. I've only 5K on them, but after doing a google, I seen a site saying that you should never mix different thread depths/wear on a 4 wheel drive vehicle as it can cause uneven wear of the diffs, drivetrain, etc. The RRS is just over 2 months old, and the tyre wear should be light enough as I havn't been off road at all (not counting the kerbs!) and has been mostly motorway driving ( Idea Why do I have a RRS again???? Idea ). Will I be safe enough just getting a new tyre identical to the ones on it currently? I'm presuming I need to replace the tyre.

Post #103507 Thu Apr 19 2007 10:21am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Why not buy a set of 19's off ebay for around £500. A new tyre would cost £140 ish x 2 + £280 The advantage would be that you get a full set of wheels & tyres, you could use one of your existing wheels as a spare instead of the space saver and the wheels look better.

If you decide to go with just replacing the damaged tyre i should be fine just to replace one but it is advisable to replace both. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #103509 Thu Apr 19 2007 11:26am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

I went through two complete sets of tyres in the year in had my RRS and the advice of my local tyre emporium was as VA said: replace the tyres on left and right at the same time (ensuring the same tread pattern etc) - not so important for front/back apparently. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #103511 Thu Apr 19 2007 11:46am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1