Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Doubts about RRS Buying
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Borja8

Andorra 
Doubts about RRS Buying

Hi everyone, I'm Borja from Andorra.

I'm looking for a new car to replace my Lexus NX450h, and the new RRS is the main option alongside the Porsche Cayenne. In both cases, it would be a brand new car, and the price is the same.

My idea is to keep the car for 2-3 years and then change it, as I like to change the car from time to time. But I have some doubts regarding the RRS. The option I'm looking at the car dealer is the Range Rover Sport Dynamic SE L461 3.0 PHEV 460PS. My main concerns are:

The reliability. LR has a terrible reputation: lots of issues, expensive to fix, long waiting periods to solve the issues... But I suspect that the problems are mainly in the Diesel engines/versions. However, I'd like to see some more opinions. I have read some posts regarding some small issues in some forums, but nothing really important has happened in the past. Is the RRS PHEV reliable? If yes, is it the same as the Cayenne, or do you think that the Cayenne is a better option? I don't want to be in the dealership with a brand new car whose price is +120K €.

The depreciation. After 2-3 years when I sell the car, I want to lose as little money as possible. And I'm not sure which car has more depreciation: the Range Rover or the Cayenne.

I LOVE the RRS. It's an amazing car; I tried it at the dealership, and it was an amazing car to drive. And the design is 10/10. On the other hand, the Cayenne is also great, a really nice car to drive, good design, good materials... But for me, it's a 9.5/10. I love both cars, so I want the best option for reliability and depreciation.

Thoughts about this?

Thanks.

Post #641001 Sat Apr 06 2024 3:41pm
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Lets face it, no one comes on forums to say their car is brilliant, its mainly problems they want some advice about. Your saying, expensive to fix, well that will not be a problem for you as your buying new & selling in 2-3 years. All, if any problems will be under warranty.
Go on Porsche forums & you will get the same posts, "my Porsche has x, y, & z wrong with it"
Depreciation, let me find my crystal ball. Who expected prices to stay high for the last couple of years, but the market is now aligning to sensible levels. With all that's going on in the world now, who knows what it will be in 2-3 years.
I would not buy my second choice vehicle just because the residuals may be better in the future Range Rover Sport: Mercedes S63 AMG Coupe: 992 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post #641002 Sat Apr 06 2024 4:06pm
GrumpyPenguin

United Kingdom 

You either want a Range Rover or something else - easy choice.

Post #641042 Tue Apr 09 2024 11:18am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

LR reliability? Well, they're pretty decent, actually, if they're looked after by someone that knows and cares about the vehicles. So that's not a LR main dealer then. Use a LR dealership for servicing/work and you will have an unreliable heap that needs to go back time after time - not because it's inherently unreliable, simply because the LR dealership's mechanics won't do a decent job.

Plenty of Porsche problems if you look at their forums. Nature of the beast, sadly.

Depreciation? If you want to lose as little money as possible on a car purchase/sale cycle, then buy a second hand vehicle. Buying new is always going to cost you a lot of money (unless you're buying when demand outstrips supply and you're happy to sell after only a few weeks). No one knows what new cars today will be worth in 2-3 years - it's all a guess. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #641047 Tue Apr 09 2024 4:49pm
SpiderPig

United Kingdom 

I’d agree with the above. Most of my problems with my three previous LR cars have been caused by LR technicians, either during servicing or dealing with issues prior to handover.

Well maintained, I think LRs are fine.

There’s design faults of course, but these seem to have been ironed out over time. 2021 P400e Autobiography

Post #641050 Tue Apr 09 2024 5:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1