RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > P049C-00 (27) Exhaust gas recirculation - B - Excessive flow
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Milstad

United Kingdom 
P049C-00 (27) Exhaust gas recirculation - B - Excessive flow

I've owned my 2015 RRS since new and it's just passed 153k miles.

I've always found the under bonnet area a bit daunting, but decided to get to understand what's going on and bought a GAP IID tool. I'm getting the above fault code and have read it could be the EGR valves or a leak. I managed to find a leak where the left (from driver seat) EGR joins the exhaust pipe - what a job to get to, but now sealed with new gasket. No other leaks found, even with smoke test. Inlet manifolds are good.

Watching the LR Time Youtube videos, they show a new EGR fitted and all of a sudden the commanded and actual values start to change and match each other.

My IID tool showed the commanded values changing, but for left EGR it was always at 0%, even when commanded values change. right EGR shows changes in actual position (but still not very close to commanded).

I've bought a new left EGR valve and plugged it in to loom, with old EGR still in place. When I run the engine, the new valve shows no movement and is still showing 0%. But it does run a cleaning cycle when I switch off.

Any ideas? Should I be checking wiring socket? If so, any pointers to where I find a test procedure?

Any help appreciated.

Post #639857 Wed Feb 21 2024 4:34pm
Milstad

United Kingdom 

Update on EGR issue. I found Halfords Autofix quite helpful and tested the wiring on the 5 pin plugs - wiring from ECU to EGR plug is all good. Left EGR valve still showing 0% Actual, vs varying Commanded values.

So... I also have a 2018 RRS 3.0 diesel, so let's check that. Plug in GAP IID and that car, which is running fine, shows exactly the same Left EGR valve 0% Actual, vs varying Commanded values. Then unplug left EGR, plug in the brand new EGR valve and position so I can see the valve move, start car ... no movement, despite being Commanded to a higher value. It does do the cleaning cycle when the engine stops.

I'm now wondering if it is supposed to operate like this and I'm jumping to the wrong conclusion?

Perhaps someone else with a 3.0 diesel and a GAP IID could plug in and let me know if they see no movement on left EGR too?

Post #640137 Mon Mar 04 2024 1:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1