RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Issue with left side EBP.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Mac35

Scotland 
Issue with left side EBP.

Evening guys, found a few older threads regarding EPB issues but thought it might be best to post a new one as none of them have any fixes or updates.

Been having an intermittent issue with the EBP. Keep getting the usual parking brake requires calibration. It usually goes away after doing the calibration step or leaving the car for a while. I invested in a GAP IID tool to scan and clear faults but the other at the fault wouldn’t go away and the fault code would not clear and could not release the parking brake. I was getting C2008-11 (EC) Left motor - General electrical failure - circuit short to ground. The left actuator was cracked in two places and obviously I thought this was all due to water ingress. Ordered a new genuine actuator and I was still getting the same fault code. After two days parked up I managed to clear to fault. Parking brake was working as it should. The fact I was still getting the short to ground fault code after the initial actuator change I’m staring to think there is a short in the wiring harness between the actuator and EPB module. Yesterday sort of added to my suspicions as I had the fault flag up while braking to let a bus out. When I restarted the car state being in Tesco the fault was gone and the C2008 was logged again. I did unclip the harness back to the level sensor and remove the protective sheath to try and see if there was an obvious chafe or short but could not see anything glaringly obvious. I really need to invest in a power probe.

Has anyone experienced similar symptoms in the past?

I’ve booked the car in to a local auto electrician to let him track the sort down.

Post #638799 Sun Jan 14 2024 7:19pm
Mac35

Scotland 

Well the car was in at the auto electrician and he said that the actuator just needed calibrated so he did that and was sure the fault was fixed. I wasn’t so sure myself as I did that with my IID tool when I fitted it. Picked the car up and be fault came back after 13 miles driving in very slushy snow, so quite wet. Phoned him and he said to drop it back off, of course the fault went away and was not present while he had it. He had it for 2 days and phoned me, he couldn’t find any issues with the wiring.He said it could be the EPB module. Yet I’ve seen someone with similar issues, he replaced EPB actuator and the module, all be it a second hand module and still had the issue. I drove the car home and again it came back as soon as I got home, around 15 miles or so. Again it was driving in quite wet conditions. So currently I’ve still got the same issue and no further forward. I have noticed that I get faults relating to the rear view camera. I noticed that someone has taken the plastic plugs out of the boot lid that the rear number plate should screw into. I’m starting to wonder if water is getting in via here and dripping on to the harness in the boot lid. Maybe not liked but I have heard of apparently unrelated components causing issue with another.

The other day I took the plate off and filled the square holes with silicon, until the plugs I’ve ordered arrive. I’ve also filled the countless screw holes from people mounting number plates. I drove 60 miles in quite wet conditions to go back to work the other day and never got the fault once. Too early to say if it’s all linked, I’ll have to do some more miles when I get home to see. I’ll also take the boot lid trim off when I get home to see if there is any evidence of water.

Post #639085 Wed Jan 24 2024 12:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1