RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Cabin recirculation flap.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Mac35

Scotland 
Cabin recirculation flap.

Evening guys. Was trying to check my cabin filter yesterday evening. When pressing the recirc button the flap wouldn’t lift to reveal the cabin filter. So I gently lifted the flap while pressing the button. It felt like it wanted to raise but couldn’t quite make it.

So today I striped the left hand flap actuator off the side of the HVAC unit. I aligned the pin on the actuator in the slot on the pivot and put it back together but it still wouldn’t work. I then realised the hole on the flap that the plastic piovt passes through was broken so the pivot is just spinning and not transferring the torque to the flap. Obviously someone has forced the flap open in the past the change the cabin filter.

So my main question is…has anyone had any joy changing out the flap and two plastic pivots from a salvage HVAC unit to get the recirculating flap functioning again?

Post #638526 Wed Jan 03 2024 7:56pm
Mac35

Scotland 

So I stripped the glove box today. Quite a job in itself, half the trim has to be taken off to get the box out.

At first I thought I might be able to take the flap out and replace with another one but it wouldn’t quite fit between the HVAC unit the and aluminium dash support. I found the small piece of plastic that had been broken off the flap hinge. So managed to manipulate the flap so I could super glue the bits back together. Left it to cure for a bit then reassembled the flap, pinion and actuator. Tried it out and it was working fine…for now. I’ll see how long this lasts as it looks like it will be a nightmare to change the flap out. From what I can see the HVAC fan and flap assembly at the vets least would be have to removed to get access.

Post #638538 Thu Jan 04 2024 5:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1