RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > ARC Hydraulic Leak Repair Options?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Flinders

England 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Sumatra Black
ARC Hydraulic Leak Repair Options?

Our MY2011 3.0 SDV6 RRS has been to the garage due to air suspension fault which was found to be a sensor and maybe a compressor if it packs up on calibrating the sensor and whilst there they have found the ARC hydraulic pipes are leaking Crying or Very sad. We have been advised the parts aren’t available to repair and LR may make them obsolete? Also if the parts were available it would be a £4k to £5k repair due to the body needing to come off.

I’m trying to understand what exactly needs replacing and where exactly this part is by reading all previous posts on arc pipe replacements on here. The ones I’ve read aren’t saying the cost is so high and no mention of body coming off. Can anyone shed any light on what exactly would need to be replaced, if the body comes off and the cost if you’ve had the work done? Also why would a common part that fails not be in stock at LR or made obsolete?!

Need to make a decision on what to do and our options so any experiences or info that can help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Thumbs Up

Last edited by Flinders on Sat Nov 04 2023 11:36am. Edited 3 times in total

Post #637051 Fri Nov 03 2023 10:17pm
Mafya

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Lux Buckingham Blue

I think it depends where the leak is from, I did read a thread on here once where it was leaking the pipes that were in the drivers side wheel arch and the poster used hydraulic hoses and coupling to fix.

Post #637053 Sat Nov 04 2023 6:02am
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Reading some of the previous posts, it is possible to change the pipes with a partial body lift, not complete removal of the body, currently I believe the pipes are on back-order not obsolete yet, however not sure there is a time frame as to when they may be available.

I believe this is the main area where the pipes corrode and leak.

A member did make it a little easier to replace the pipes by cutting them and using h/p joiners, however he did cut and use new pipes, I think this may be from the thread that was referred to earlier.

Cheers
Col

Post #637054 Sat Nov 04 2023 6:15am
Flinders

England 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Sumatra Black

Thank you! I’ve read these posts and it now makes more sense about the repair. Hopefully a solution we can at least try depending on where the leak is. Thumbs Up

Post #637072 Sat Nov 04 2023 7:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1