RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Rear screen heater element
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

John R Hickman

England 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Santorini Black
Rear screen heater element

Only about 4 of the elements work on my rear screen. I tried testing the duff ones with a multi meter to find the breaks but it seems the window tint is applied over the top of the elements. Called my insurance approved glass replacement company who called back to say they could not obtain a replacement from any of their suppliers or from Land rover and advised to go back to insurance company. Thought about a used tailgate glass but would likely have same issues again. Has anyone found and used any sort of aftermarket element or defroster? is the window tint easy to remove so as I can use repair paint? any other options?. Does the face lift tailgate fit a pre facelift? 2008 RRS 2.7 TDV6 S Poverty model

Post #636695 Thu Oct 19 2023 5:29am
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Years ago I did fit a 2011 facelift upper tailgate glass to a 2009 pre facelift car, so yes they do fit, I do remember using the facelift tailgate hinges though, but I did fit a genuine facelift autobiography rear spoiler with a reversing camera in it at the same time, what I can't remember is if needed to use the hinges to fit the glass or to allow me to fit the spoiler as the outer mounting points on the spoiler are in a different position to the pre-facelift spoiler i.e further apart, I think in my case it was to fit the spoiler, but as it was over ten years ago and can't really remember for certain.

Cheers
Col

Post #636714 Fri Oct 20 2023 9:36am
John R Hickman

Cheers Col. Reason I asked about that is I have seen a couple of complete tailgates locally for less than £100 each whereas the older ones are being asked 200 or more so I may well end up going down that route. 2008 RRS 2.7 TDV6 S Poverty model

Post #636721 Fri Oct 20 2023 2:52pm
John R Hickman

Just checked out tailgates and both are from 2013 cars so back to square one. 2008 RRS 2.7 TDV6 S Poverty model

Post #636722 Fri Oct 20 2023 3:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1