RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > New Tyres
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Iomegas

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
New Tyres

Hi thinking about getting Michelin Pilot 4 Sports all round any of you folks got them and the good and bad it’s for 20inch rims.As ever always appreciate your advice Thumbs Up

Post #635299 Thu Aug 24 2023 5:32pm
BJH1959

Portugal 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

IMHO tyres are a personal thing and the final decision should be based on your individual needs.

Factors such as the type of roads you will be driving on (or off), the weather / environment in your area, would you be wanting W, S, or All Seasons... towing or carrying heavy loads are an issue for some when choosing as does the general longevity of the tyre and budget.

Top brands are reliable but those in the know say that some mid-range brands are just as good as the premium ones. When in the south of the UK I found Pirelli Scorpions were ideal, but here in Portugal, with different types of roads, weather, and other factors I find Goodyear Eagles are better for what I want.

There's some good advice to be had here, but as regards tyres, what suits one might not suit another.

Thumbs Up Barrie.
2005 RRS 2.7TDV6 from 2017 -2024. Best car I ever had.
Current: 2018 Ford Ranger Wildtrak 3.2

Post #635308 Thu Aug 24 2023 8:06pm
Iomegas

Hi thanks for your wise words appreciated.

Post #635310 Thu Aug 24 2023 8:32pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Bear in mind that the Pilot Sport 4 has car and SUV versions - pick the correct version as they have different load ratings and construction. Insurance companies care about such things.

After that, generally speaking, premium tyres are better in the areas that matter e.g. braking performance in wet and dry conditions. After that, it's pretty much down to personal choice.

Do you want full summer tyres, all season, winter-rated summer tyres? If you want one set to do the whole year and not be embarrassed in the winter, the winter-rated summer tyres are excellent. Michelin's CrossClimate series is very good, for example, and what I'd fit if I wasn't being a tart and using an all terrain tyre for the occasional off road use that I do (a normal tyre would probably do, but, hey...). We have the CrossClimate on our normal car and they're very good at what they do. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #635322 Thu Aug 24 2023 10:55pm
Iomegas

Cheers appreciated Thumbs Up

Post #635324 Fri Aug 25 2023 6:12am
AndyCHO

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Ipanema Sand

I have just fitted a set of Pirelli Scorpian Verde All Season tyres to mine in 275 x 45-R20. I went up a size on the aspect ratio to give a little more sidewall fo comfort.. and I have to say the result is really good.

I have just done a 2500km trip last week for work and there is zero road noise, comfy ride and the 2 bonus points are
1 My Speedo is now pretty much perfect against my GPS speed. Previously it was 110kph GPS was 114 to 115 on the speedo, now 110 kph on the speedo is 109 - 110 GPS and is within 1 kph across the range.

2 My fuel consumption has also dropped. On basically the same trip I used to average 8.4 l/100km and this trip I averaged 7.8 l/100km

Glad I went with these tyres... I just hope they last longer than the Kumho Excta I had on before... 20000 km and at the wear indicators...

Post #635337 Sat Aug 26 2023 12:13am
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Currently running the Pirelli scorpion verde all season as well, albeit 275/45 x 21" no complaints with them, done about 15k and still plenty of tread, reckon they should be good for 25/30k at least.

Cheers
Col

Post #635338 Sat Aug 26 2023 1:03am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1