RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L461) > June 2022 Order - No Build Date!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

NocNoc

United Kingdom 
June 2022 Order - No Build Date!

I ordered my new RRS in June last year but still have no build date. As a repeat (5 times) customer I got the option to pay the deposit before the launch date but didn't get around to confirming the final spec until 29th June 2022. I've looked around the forums to get some idea if this is a common wait time however many of the posts are now a few months old. I wasn't in too much of a rush at the time I ordered but now feel that by not complaining, I may be given the runaround and put behind people who are complaining. All I get is a monthly 'no news yet' email.

I have already been told my stereo is being downgraded due to chip shortages and I have agreed to remove the 3 pin plug socket that I ordered, just because it was there as an option. I have read that factory-fitted towbars, which I have ordered, may be causing an issue, but I don't really want to compromise on that, although I guess I could.

Model is RRS 3.0 P440e Autobiography 5dr Auto.

Do I keep waiting or do I need to start moaning? Thanks for any feedback.

Click image to enlarge

Post #634390 Wed Jul 19 2023 3:54pm
MikeJG

United Kingdom 

Start moaning!

It will be a 460e now and the Sound system should now be back to 3D surround sound.

I have a similar spec that I confirmed ordered June 10th 2022 and I got my build date last week which is W/C 25/9/23

Post #634391 Wed Jul 19 2023 4:12pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

Plus it will cost more, £5/6K. Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #634400 Wed Jul 19 2023 8:10pm
NocNoc

United Kingdom 

MikeJG wrote:
Start moaning!

It will be a 460e now and the Sound system should now be back to 3D surround sound.

I have a similar spec that I confirmed ordered June 10th 2022 and I got my build date last week which is W/C 25/9/23

Thanks Mike. I think I'll give them a chase this morning.

Post #634411 Thu Jul 20 2023 7:50am
NocNoc

United Kingdom 

timhum wrote:
Plus it will cost more, £5/6K.

They've not mentioned that to me yet, but I was suspecting that might be the case. Sad

Post #634412 Thu Jul 20 2023 7:53am
MikeJG

United Kingdom 

You might find you are price protected. I have been told in writing by my dealer that I am. I would probably tell your dealer that you should be as he might be hoping to slide an increase past you.

Post #634417 Thu Jul 20 2023 9:15am
NocNoc

United Kingdom 

I contacted the guy I'm dealing with and he's on holiday until tomorrow so hopefully I can pick this up with him at the same time. I agreed a price, signed a contract and paid a deposit so would be nice if it is price protected.

Thanks again for your help. Hope everything goes OK with your car now you have a build date. Very Happy

Post #634418 Thu Jul 20 2023 10:09am
Skyline

United Kingdom 

Hi. I placed an order Aug 2022 for a P440PHEV AB - managed to get moved up the wait list due to a cancelled order - was a First Edition - dealer managed to change the spec to mine. Car being built this month and should be at dealer later in August.

Price is protected from original order - think gone up by about £2k.....have also placed same order for a MY24 (original order wait list position) - same spec (inc. auto tailgate addition) was about £7k more.

Prashan MY23, 3.0 P440e PHEV AB, Carparthian Grey, Deep Garnett interior
MY16, 3.0D HSE Dynamic, Barola Black, TV, Rear Entertainment, Opening Pan Roof, Meridian

Post #634450 Fri Jul 21 2023 1:52pm
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Moaning is good. Keep on at them an a regular basis, even weekly. You do not have to be nasty, just persistent. They will be so fed up of you that they will start making noises. Don't forget you are the customer, they are not doing you a favour, though it sometimes feels its the other way round. Good luck. Range Rover Sport: Mercedes S63 AMG Coupe: 992 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post #634451 Fri Jul 21 2023 2:29pm
Tomtom87

United Kingdom 

Hi Prashan,

Did you get the price protection because the build slot was given before the price rise was announced in Apr/May? I also ordered a P440 in Aug 22 and we have been told it is not price protected because the build slot wasn’t agreed before the price increase was announced.

Cheers,

tom

Post #634487 Sun Jul 23 2023 9:54am
sam97

United Kingdom 

I was informed by my LR dealer that price protection only applies to orders placed before 1st July 2022.

Post #634491 Sun Jul 23 2023 2:20pm
Skyline

United Kingdom 

Tomtom87 wrote:
Hi Prashan,

Did you get the price protection because the build slot was given before the price rise was announced in Apr/May? I also ordered a P440 in Aug 22 and we have been told it is not price protected because the build slot wasn’t agreed before the price increase was announced.

Cheers,

tom

Hi Tom, my original order was placed Aug 2022. Dealer offered me an earlier slot earlier this year due to a cancelled order placed May 2022 for first edition which was spec changeable - I took that slot and ordered my P440PHEV. Price was protected on this basis.

Then I heard about the My24 updates and wanted to swap my order to this, dealer happy to do so but at the new increased priced. Dealer, thankfully, still had my MY23 order in the system. In speaking with the dealer last week, I learned that the earliest I would get a MY24 build slot would likely be late 1Q24 - hence proceeding with the MY23 order but looking to swap to the MY24 next year.

P MY23, 3.0 P440e PHEV AB, Carparthian Grey, Deep Garnett interior
MY16, 3.0D HSE Dynamic, Barola Black, TV, Rear Entertainment, Opening Pan Roof, Meridian

Post #634505 Mon Jul 24 2023 9:55am
JDPRRSUK

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Do you have a build date and delivery? I thought all MY23 were complete now?

Post #634513 Mon Jul 24 2023 4:26pm
Skyline

United Kingdom 

Next week and delivery due late August,

Rgds
Prashan MY23, 3.0 P440e PHEV AB, Carparthian Grey, Deep Garnett interior

Post #634514 Mon Jul 24 2023 4:45pm
sam97

United Kingdom 

My car is going to be MY23 and it has a build slot after the annual factory shutdown in August. I will be taking delivery sometime at the beginning of September.

Post #634515 Mon Jul 24 2023 5:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>