RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L461) > Giving up and never to return!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Dave777

United Kingdom 
Giving up and never to return!

I have had a P510e AB on order for around 10 months. The dealer has been terrible. We have been ignored and emails gone unanswered. I have even emailed to ask my salesman 'do you still work there?'.

He finally called me this week and his first words were 'have you chosen the colour now?'.

Not, 'sorry for not being in touch'. I have asked many times about the price and protection. He originally said our finance was locked in ok so you will not pay more, so I assumed that was ok at least.

But no! He finally said that the price has gone up a bit! And the finance was only locked for 6 months. It takes over a year to get a car so that isn't much use and was never stated. My PCP was now £300 more per month!!!!

We sent an email saying please cancel our order under the terms and conditions covering a price rise, his only reply was 'no problem'!

Deposit being refunded now without a care from them. But just discovered it will take at least 10 days!

This would be our second RRS AB. I will never buy another JLR product. This was our second dealer, we changed as the first was terrible!!!

Rant over. Pity as we really liked the car a great deal, and the fact most options are included. Unlike the new 2024 Cayenne we are getting now, with 5K options on the RRS compared to over 20K on the Cayenne!!! But the Porsche dealer is fantastic in comparison.

Goodbye and good luck.

Dave MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #633131 Wed May 17 2023 3:59pm
Iomegas

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Sorry to hear such a shame why is it JLR are so bad at customer service !!!! It’s not rocket science not complicated and it’s the foundation of any business it annoys the hell out of me when I hear this 😡

Post #633135 Wed May 17 2023 5:38pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 

Who was the Censored dealer you dealt with in Sussex? Harwoods? Whistle Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #633147 Thu May 18 2023 8:11am
Crs

England 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Firenze Red

I totally agree with you on cancelling your order, if more people did this these arrogant dealers would have to change there ways, I have been loyal to landrover for many years but what they get away with in service and quality these days is disgusting.
Good luck on your vehicle change.
Chris

Post #633148 Thu May 18 2023 8:30am
Zapp79

United Kingdom 

I agree that the attitude of dealers is very poor, but I have some sympathy in that LR have really set the tone here.

The total lack of information, significant price gouging, uncompensated spec downgrades and couldn't care less attitude is all set by LR.

For a manufacturer trying to set itself as a serious competitor to the likes of Bentley, they have an awful lot to do!

Post #633156 Thu May 18 2023 12:39pm
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

But unfortunately they'll sell the cars, of all the models they offer. Good for you in taking your choice elsewhere and I wish it had more impact to the brand to pull their socks up. Or perhaps its just modern day perils of buying a British brand. 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #633158 Thu May 18 2023 2:13pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

What is needed is for everyone that gets Censored off and cancels their order to email the CEO of LR and tell them why. Perhaps if the top sees what is actually happening, they'll be more inclined to put pressure on those that need to be smacked.

Of course, the dealers can likely sell these cancelled slots and so don't care. And if the dealers are buying them from LR, then LR probably don't care either. But at some point it's going to come back to bite them, especially if they scare away the LR loyalists who understand that LR aren't the most reliable but still buy them. First timers to LR are likely to have one and think "never again, it's always in the garage" and move to another manufacturer. Then where do LR stand? In a pile of poo, that's where. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #633162 Thu May 18 2023 3:51pm
whippetman

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Yes
I did 15 years 5 different models and have gone.
Main reason cr.p reliability and TERRIBLE dealership!

Post #633164 Thu May 18 2023 5:35pm
Dave777

United Kingdom 

Not sure if I should post the dealer name until I have sent my complaint in!!! I will be writing to the sales manager and dealer principal.

I have purchased many cars and this is the worst experience ever. Both dealers were the same group.

I am sure they will sell my slot for more money or get the car and sell it for even more so they do not care in the slightest. I love the physical product despite the issues JLR products seem to have. We were lucky with our last RRS and never had any issues, hence our return, but enough is enough. The potential insurance issues these days didn't help. MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #633187 Fri May 19 2023 8:28am
RRSTDV8

Copy JLR top brass in to your complaint. They need to know why people are leaving the brand - if they just see sales figures but no details, they can't do anything to make things better. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #633193 Fri May 19 2023 10:11am
KeithC

United Kingdom 

I had exactly the same treatment as you. I have no problem naming the dealer, Stratstone Cardiff. When I ordered the car in May 2022, lead time wad estimated at 6-9 months. During that time I didn't hear from the dealer once. When I eventually cancelled (after 12 months), they didn't even acknowledge that, all I got from them was a credit back into my bank account. They don't deserve our business.

Post #633203 Fri May 19 2023 2:12pm
laser2006

United Kingdom 

I have puled out as well and ordered the new lotus, as much as we love the RRS they are doing nothing to keep customers

Post #633235 Sun May 21 2023 5:51pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

When you have to wait 12 - 18 months for a car I cant see the order takers needing to do much to keep customers happy at the moment.

Ive looked at two Porsche dealers recently and you cant get a test drive let alone a hour in a demo car until you pay a deposit but they cant give you a finance quote as its wouldn't be valid when the car arrives.

Its very much luck of the draw when you walk through the door. Gone are the days when sales mattered and the back yard was full of unregistered cars waiting for a new owner.

Post #633291 Mon May 22 2023 9:33pm
RRSTDV8

Here's a thought - one doesn't need to buy a new car. There are excellent second hand cars available out there which you can try and then buy on the day. And they'll cost you very much less than a new one. Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #633292 Mon May 22 2023 9:55pm
Dave777

United Kingdom 

GJW1 wrote:
When you have to wait 12 - 18 months for a car I cant see the order takers needing to do much to keep customers happy at the moment.

Ive looked at two Porsche dealers recently and you cant get a test drive let alone a hour in a demo car until you pay a deposit but they cant give you a finance quote as its wouldn't be valid when the car arrives.

Its very much luck of the draw when you walk through the door. Gone are the days when sales mattered and the back yard was full of unregistered cars waiting for a new owner.

My local Porsche dealer gave me a finance quote instantly by email and offered a test drive without a deposit.

I will not use their finance though as is came out around 10.3%!!!! I will finance elsewhere! MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #633301 Tue May 23 2023 8:52am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>