RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L461) > Im going to move on
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

GJW1

United Kingdom 
Im going to move on

I've given the decision some thought since taking delivery of my P440e in March but its not the car I expected. Given the current market its best to move on before I lose money.

before I get any negative comments I did consider not posting anything but im really not happy to have to make this choice having decided against the full size range rover at its launch to wait for the new sport then wait another 9 months for delivery.

Its not that I dislike the new Range Rover Sport but its a baby Range Rover not a sport it could be a Discovery or a Full size its hard to say other than looks and this is the problem for me.

The brand has changed the SVR of 2016 was better than the 2019 facelift SVR the 2016 3.0lts Diesel I still have for work is better on fuel has less wind noise and feels more sporty to drive if such a word really exists in a SUV.

So with that said and I know many are still waiting for the best part of 12 months already and new orders taking upto 2 years im open to offers before the dealer has it for sale if its of interest PM me.

Post #632656 Mon Apr 24 2023 8:43pm
Swiggy

Scotland 

Hi GJW1, you’re not the only one to feel that way! I had a full fat on order in Jan ‘22, then changed to a RRS P440e autobigraphy at launch last year. Given the timescales for delivery, I also ordered a Defender 110 P400e X-Dyn HSE, which duly arrived in Dec and traded in my L494 RRS. I also managed to get a P440e for a test drive in Dec - did about 200 miles that day and walked away with similar feelings to you. A very competent car and appeared to be economical, but it had lost imho any degree of sportiness compared to my previous gen P400 HST. Had a long hard think and thankfully cancelled my order. My wife loves the Defender and although it’s not sporty at all, it is a great car that we use for family work - towing horse boxes, trailers etc (although spare wheel position is a pain when connecting to large trailer). Economy has been ok combined, but it’s very thirsty on longer runs (20 ish mpg) but overalll we’re at 42mpg over 4000 miles. BUT I still had the sport itch to scratch - so I take delivery next month of a Jaguar F-Pace SVR which I’ve test driven and also drove it on ice academy - totally amazing and pretty good value. Good luck with the sale and hope you find something you enjoy!

Post #632772 Sun Apr 30 2023 8:41am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1