RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L461) > The new SVR is nearly here - will be called the RRS SV
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

DangerMouseUK wrote:
Seen it at length in the camo one of the test cars is being tested near me somewhere in Southern Europe.

So far, not really that impressed and even if I was, no one will insure the thing either so what's the point.

No one will get insurance in London but, ironically, it'll be insurable out in the sticks away from the South East. So the target market is, um, going to be missed.

The reality, of course, is that these limited run vehicles are mostly going to be going to rich folk in the Middle and Far East and the States. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #632640 Mon Apr 24 2023 9:41am
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Yeah to be honest I've given up on JLR at this point.

It really soured when they jacked up my new RRS order price 3 times whilst delaying it and taking kit off whilst giving no discount.

Then all mainstream insurers slowly pulled out of insuring them and I'm not going with a shady underwriter based god knows where so I gave up and pulled the plug.

I think they've lost their way a little bit and when I saw the SVR/SV whatever it is, testing where it's testing in Southern Europe, I wasn't overly excited about it like when I saw the first RRS SVR but JLR have lost a lot of goodwill from me since then to now so that might also be the issue. Non JLR Vehicle

Post #632646 Mon Apr 24 2023 12:14pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

It seems insurance is very much location based - on another thread, I recently experimented and checked and I could insure a 2yo SVR for £700 with ESure so hardly a back street insurer. But others have been told they can't get insurance for the same thing or the price, where they can get an offer, is £2-3000. They're in the South East and I'm not.

But the bigger issue, as you say, is the way JLR are dealing with the delays. Increasing price and reducing specification at the same time is not good for customer relations, as you have proved. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #632651 Mon Apr 24 2023 1:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12