RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L461) > Salary Sacrifice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

g5und

United Kingdom 
Salary Sacrifice

Just ordered a p440e via my salary sacrifice scheme at work. Has anyone else done this? Seems to work out a pretty good deal as a fully maintained/insured lease.

Post #631680 Thu Mar 16 2023 9:13am
TheWojtek

Poland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Unless your employer has a great deal with the company providing financing, you'd might be better off with leasing the car on your own. Regards etc.,

Wojtek

---
WAS: 2006 RRS Supercharged
IS: 2010 RRS TDV8 HSE

Post #631681 Thu Mar 16 2023 9:53am
g5und

United Kingdom 

Thanks. I can't seem to find a better deal anywhere at the moment. Will keep an eye out though and can always cancel my order if something more attractive appears.

Post #631682 Thu Mar 16 2023 10:19am
TheWojtek

Poland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

If you're running any (side) business, the tax deductions and cost will be your deductions and your cost - not the employers'. That said, it won't work if you are just simply employed and most (big) businesses have better terms and conditions of lease than us mere mortals, so just have your calculator ready. Regards etc.,

Wojtek

---
WAS: 2006 RRS Supercharged
IS: 2010 RRS TDV8 HSE

Post #631692 Thu Mar 16 2023 6:59pm
Pat

United Kingdom 

I also ordered a P440e via my company’s salary sacrifice scheme, which brought the cost down massively compared to a PCP or lease, plus no deposit required.

Ordered it on 19 Jan. and have an estimated delivery of July 2024 so bit of a long wait!

Post #631695 Thu Mar 16 2023 9:23pm
g5und

United Kingdom 

That’s what I’m finding. The net impact on salary is way lower than any other deal I can find. The high ev mileage range seems to keep the BIK rate pretty low.

Post #631696 Thu Mar 16 2023 9:39pm
g5und

United Kingdom 

Pat wrote:
I also ordered a P440e via my company’s salary sacrifice scheme, which brought the cost down massively compared to a PCP or lease, plus no deposit required.

Ordered it on 19 Jan. and have an estimated delivery of July 2024 so bit of a long wait!

Did you order through Tusker by any chance? Mine went through their system and changed to 'On Order' yesterday but not indication on timings yet. I have an iX3 on lease with them due to end in March 24 which they've said I can keep hold of until the RR arrives.

Post #631820 Tue Mar 21 2023 10:02am
Tim oop north

If it ever arrives, the 440e I have ordered is going through my company - following bmw i3, Jaguar iPace and Volvo c40. Getting half the VAT back and full deduction in my corporation tax computation of the contract hire cost, plus full vat deduction for maintenance and tyres, with low bik at 5% of list price makes the post tax cost very reasonable indeed. And because it’s my own company I don’t have any premium taken by the leasing company as some salary sacrifice schemes seem to have

Post #631821 Tue Mar 21 2023 10:09am
g5und

United Kingdom 

Agree - that's the way to do it. Unfortunately, I'm on payroll and my only option is salary sacrifice which is still OK (better than a PCP for sure).

Post #631824 Tue Mar 21 2023 10:30am
Tim oop north

I just wish I could get my wife to understand that it makes the RRS cheaper than a defender (her preferred option)

Post #631825 Tue Mar 21 2023 10:34am
Pat

United Kingdom 

g5und wrote:
Did you order through Tusker by any chance? Mine went through their system and changed to 'On Order' yesterday but not indication on timings yet. I have an iX3 on lease with them due to end in March 24 which they've said I can keep hold of until the RR arrives.

I have ordered through Tusker in January and within a few days my order status went to ‘On Order Awaiting Build Slot’

The Tusker site said to expect a 54 week delivery, but once the order was placed, their estimated delivery time is late July 2024.

I’ve since got the order number and spoke with the dealer and he advised of long delays with the P440e due to the semiconductor shortage but I’ve read supplies are meant to be improving.

In the meantime I’m looking at refinancing my balloon payment on the Velar, or JLR finance are meant to be offering me an extension on my current PCP by means of a new HP agreement but I’ve not heard back from them. 2023 P440e SE Dynamic (ordered Jan. 2023 - delivery expected July 2024!)
2019 P250 SE Dynamic Velar
2015 Evoque
2012 Evoque

Post #631826 Tue Mar 21 2023 11:03am
g5und

United Kingdom 

Thanks Pat. Can I ask which dealer Tusker are using for your RR? I haven't heard any more than seeing the status is currently 'On Order' at the moment.

Post #631827 Tue Mar 21 2023 11:05am
Pat

United Kingdom 

If you call Tusker they should be able to confirm your dealer and order number. For me, it’s a local fleet sales dealership in Edinburgh. 2023 P440e SE Dynamic (ordered Jan. 2023 - delivery expected July 2024!)
2019 P250 SE Dynamic Velar
2015 Evoque
2012 Evoque

Post #631828 Tue Mar 21 2023 11:23am
RRV2RRS

United Kingdom 

Hi All,

The New RRS P440e isn't available through work salary sacrifice scheme (Electric only) so thinking of buying through Ltd Company..

New to this so would really appreciate your guidance & insights - what are the advantages and disadvantages of this?

Also, which costs are deductible and since I don't have an Accountant yet: what to ask / look out for?

Thanks for helping out a newbie Smile

Post #632114 Mon Apr 03 2023 3:03am
Tim oop north

All costs are deductible (servicing, tyres, car wash, insurance) but if company pays for private petrol there will be a taxable benefit in kind (but might work out quite tax-efficient).

If you get on contract hire then 50% of vat is recoverable on rental (and 100% on maintenance) which is a 1/12th discount.

As it’s not fully EV outright purchase will not get 100% year one write down against corp tax - 18% writing down allowance available. Also unless the pcp gives final value well below market value it won’t get you the capital allowances and won’t get 50% vat relief either - a possible tax minefield

Make sure the configuration gives you 70 miles electric range minimum - miss that and bik goes up by 3% or around £800 in tax payable each year. When I configured one I had to go for 20” wheels due to weight of full size spare.

Post #632131 Tue Apr 04 2023 4:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>