Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > 2011 3.0 cranking and going to start, but not starting help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

paulwest16

England 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Java Black
2011 3.0 cranking and going to start, but not starting help

Hi and thanks for any help in advance.

I have a sport 2011 3.0 tdv6 and I’ve have nothing but agg with the car from the day I got it. The day I was driving it home the crank went and already had to have a rebuild done on it.
I then got the car back and was running great, I then lent it to my mum as she was without a car and was running well still until one day she said she lost all power and car came to a stop on dual carriage way. I went to recover the car and tried cranking it and it would turn over and then run like it was on 4 cylinders or something and then cut out.
Only fault codes were oil temp sensor and oil level sensor which I don’t think it has anything to do with it not firing up.

If I wasn’t so invested in the car (and tbh I do actually like the look of it) then I would have scrapped it lol.

The car has been sat at my yard now for few months as didn’t have the funds to spend on it, but have now finally got fed up of seeing it waste away doing nothing. I charged the battery and pump the suspension up with the autel computer and tried cranking, but still the same it just turns over and tries to fire up but just won’t.

I know the fuel is ok and I have checked the fuel pressure with the autel computer in love dater and it looks like it’s ready as it should but obviously the sensors could be faulty or reading wrong.

I’m just stuck and don’t know where to go other then sending to a garage and getting raped again on diag fix.

If there is any simple checks I could do to diagnose the problem then I will.
I have a autel scanner and can check data but tbh not really sure what certain readings should be.

Any help would be great and sure someone has had same problem but I can’t find it in any topics with what I’m searching for.
I have replied to one thread who sounded like had same problem but had no reply.

Any help is appreciated

Il upload a video of what it’s doing if I can figure out how to do it.

Post #630967 Mon Feb 20 2023 5:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1