RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Remapping !
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 5 12345>

AIJ 615

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Remapping !

RRS 2010 HSE

Guys is remapping any good ?

Do you fine gents recommend remapping and is it worth it, of course be nice to get that little more power and save on fuel economy but does it really work. How many of you have actually done this

Seems to be plenty of mobile reputable companies whom come out and perform this

Post #630056 Fri Jan 20 2023 7:53am
3hcp

United Kingdom 

Most go for outright power for headline figures but the best map IMO is a blend so that it improves drive ability go for a company that does their own map not a generic map off the shelf. There are a few companies recommended on this site like Alive.
H 2015 RRS DIESEL HYBRID

Post #630057 Fri Jan 20 2023 9:43am
mike54

United Kingdom 

TDI tuning box is great. lots of choices and control it via the app. Very usable, not just HP

Post #630081 Sat Jan 21 2023 9:33am
AIJ 615

I’m thinking though with remap would it not effect any of the All terrain controls or the sports mode ?

Post #630082 Sat Jan 21 2023 9:35am
AIJ 615

mike54 wrote:
TDI tuning box is great. lots of choices and control it via the app. Very usable, not just HP

Actually the TDI tuning box looks fairly easy to install on the tutorials I’ve just watched. I’ve got no mechanical experience so anyone know what the actual installing requires on a RRS 2010 3.0 V6

Post #630084 Sat Jan 21 2023 9:51am
naks

South Africa 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Siberian Silver

I would not go for one of those plug-b-play tuning boxes - all they do is intercept the throttle signal and then fool the ECU into injecting more fuel. For a diesel engine, that is a sure recipe for disaster down the line, as your EGTs will be through the roof, not to mention your fuel bill will also go up.

Rather get a proper remap from a reputable tuner from the likes of Twisted Alive Tuning, BAS, etc. They have worked out how to add power, while optimising the delivery and without compromising reliability.

As 3hcp said, you do not just want more power, but you want a smooth/linear delivery that allows you to enjoy the added power.

I have been running a BAS remap on my Puma since 2010, and it goes like a rocket! Not a single issue with the engine and my fuel consumption is better than stock ones.

On my RRS I have a VelocityAP remap, and again, goes like a rocket and fuel consumption is down. Well, when I can bother not to drive like a hooligan Rolling with laughter --
2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

Post #630087 Sat Jan 21 2023 11:11am
Kevin-t

United Kingdom 

I can't speak about remap on a RR-sport. However, I had a BAS re-map on the discovery 3 some 11-12 years ago. Took it to York and had it fitted whilst I waited. around two hours if I remember correctly. Pete did it himself.
Car had done 250,000 miles when I sold it last year. Never once had any trouble from the MAP. In all those years and miles.
I can remember the day I had it fitted. Twas like a different car completely👌👌👌👍.
I can remember taking a few notes to see if fuel was any better. NO it wasn't to be honest, as I did use to be heavy footed on the right side Thumbs Up
If you want one, have the need for one. GO for it, however take it to one with good recommendations.

Remember ...Buy cheap, pay often. Thumbs Up

Just my two penneth. Rangerover Sport 2016 4.4 sdv8 A/B loire blue.

Post #630088 Sat Jan 21 2023 11:35am
AIJ 615

👌👍

Post #630089 Sat Jan 21 2023 11:43am
Bertbuckie

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Dont go tuning box.

Alive are brilliant, I mapped mine with one of their maps ( from the bloke himself ) and what a difference it made. Love it Smile

Post #630099 Sat Jan 21 2023 2:38pm
mike54

United Kingdom 

naks wrote:
I would not go for one of those plug-b-play tuning boxes - all they do is intercept the throttle signal and then fool the ECU into injecting more fuel. For a diesel engine, that is a sure recipe for disaster down the line, as your EGTs will be through the roof, not to mention your fuel bill will also go up.

Rather get a proper remap from a reputable tuner from the likes of Twisted Alive Tuning, BAS, etc. They have worked out how to add power, while optimising the delivery and without compromising reliability.

As 3hcp said, you do not just want more power, but you want a smooth/linear delivery that allows you to enjoy the added power.

I have been running a BAS remap on my Puma since 2010, and it goes like a rocket! Not a single issue with the engine and my fuel consumption is better than stock ones.

On my RRS I have a VelocityAP remap, and again, goes like a rocket and fuel consumption is down. Well, when I can bother not to drive like a hooligan Rolling with laughter

Naks, before you rubbish something without providing any evidence for your comments, take a look here

https://tdi-tuning.com/en-gb/blog/will-a-t...-my-engine
https://tdi-tuning.com/en-gb/remap-vs-tune

These guys have been in business for over 10 years and were doing it before they incorporated. I've never seen (and have search for) any cases of engine failure from the use of one of these. If you know of one or more, by all means post it up and lets chaeck it out.

Post #630132 Sun Jan 22 2023 5:44pm
naks

South Africa 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Siberian Silver

speaking from personal experience here, mate.

My first Defender, a 110 Td5, started misfiring randomly. After poking around my indie & I find a "tuning" box - removed it and the truck started running perfectly.

And as if these outfits will tell you that their products can damage your engine Rolling with laughter --
2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

Post #630134 Sun Jan 22 2023 5:53pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

mike54 wrote:
naks wrote:

On my RRS I have a VelocityAP remap, and again, goes like a rocket and fuel consumption is down. Well, when I can bother not to drive like a hooligan Rolling with laughter

Naks, before you rubbish something without providing any evidence for your comments, take a look here

https://tdi-tuning.com/en-gb/blog/will-a-t...-my-engine
https://tdi-tuning.com/en-gb/remap-vs-tune

These guys have been in business for over 10 years and were doing it before they incorporated. I've never seen (and have search for) any cases of engine failure from the use of one of these. If you know of one or more, by all means post it up and lets chaeck it out.

A tuning box intercepts the correct signals from the engine, alters them, and "lies" to the engine management system

In doing this, you run the risk of bypassing the built in satiety parameters of the engine management system, which compromises engine reliability

While I cant say I have personally seen an engine failure attributed to a tuning box, I have used them myself in the past, and they do cause all kinds of issues Thumbs Up

Post #630135 Sun Jan 22 2023 9:01pm
AIJ 615

Hi gents, so yeah I’ve decide to go with remapping rather than a tuning box. I’ve found someone local to me who’s got good reviews and others are really happy with the service.

Few questions as I trust you guys more than a service provider

In your opinion;

1) remapping a RRS 2010 - do you think it would affect any of the All Terain Modes or even the sport mode etc.

Post #630179 Tue Jan 24 2023 3:48pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Don't use Celtic Tuning...

Not sure if thats who you are referring to, but that webpage looks awfully familiar

It should also be said, that a bad remap will also cause engine damage, just for balance and fairness Wink

Post #630180 Tue Jan 24 2023 4:10pm
AIJ 615

Hi, no it’s not Celtic tuning.

Just a local company but the reviews are good

Al

Post #630181 Tue Jan 24 2023 4:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 5 12345>