Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Suspension warning (yellow), with fault code and RR bulletin
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

bmszabo

Netherlands 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey
Suspension warning (yellow), with fault code and RR bulletin

2015 RRS Diesel, Autobiography.
Last summer my car started throwing up suspension fault yellow messages. First after a while driving, later on immediately after leaving the parking.
My (indie) mechanic and JLR have checked the car and agreed on that this is not a mechanic but an electronic problem. My mechanic has checked the can bus (and connections), has changed a suspension module, but the warning message (after staying away for a short while after replacing the module, reinstalling software) kept coming back. Driving feels a bit bumpy, but otherwise OK. However, as all advanced suspension modes (terrain response, snow) are not available, it feels a bit unheimlich, especially in the winter.

In October my mechanic has brought the car back to JLR, where they have read all the fault codes again (this after replacing the module and re-installing all relevant software), and according to them the culprit is "C105B(01), Raw code: 505B01, ECU: Chassis Control Module, Status: Test failed, Test failed (current drive cycle), Pending, Confirmed, Test failed since last DTC clear, warning indicator requested". Finally, they have figured out that is a software problem and a new software (update) needs to be written -and according to my sources they have started a new bulletin on this (titel: SSM75824 - Chassis Control Module (CHCM) Suspension Warning on Cluster (IPC) with C105A-01 /C105B-01 DTC’s). As I don t have TOPIx access I can not check the status of this bulletin.

Since then (about 2 months ago) my mechanic has contacted JLR repeatedly -they are very kind all the time, but 100% non-informative ("we are working on that issue"). As (European) winter gets close and with a few long drives through Europe in the planning I get a bit nervous about this nagging fault/warning and a solution, taking more than 6 months time.

My questions to the community:
- Can anybody (with access to TOPIx or JLR related) can check the status of the announced bulletin (title SSM75824 - Chassis Control Module (CHCM) Suspension Warning on Cluster (IPC) with C105A-01 /C105B-01 DTC’s), especially if they have found any solution yet?
- Is anybody out there who had the same problem and has found a solution to it; either software or otherwise?

Thanks in advance.

Post #629084 Wed Dec 14 2022 9:11am
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Wait for a software fix, it would seem...

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #629085 Wed Dec 14 2022 9:22am
bmszabo

Thanks!
Am I the only one with this nagging and (imho very disturbing) warming message? The long list of involved models suggests otherwise -or are the rest experienced JLR fans, and they don't really care for (another) yellow warning light on the dash? Rolling Eyes
Thanks for the info!

Post #629086 Wed Dec 14 2022 11:12am
Boxers

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I get it now & again in my 2007 TDV8 & have done ever since I purchased it 3 years ago , I had it all checked over by my indie when I first purchased it, no faults could be found & the suspension all works perfectly, if it comes on I switch the vehicle off then on again and the yellow warning sign goes off. The pump was about 1 year old when I purchased the vehicle & is a genuine LR one, so agree that it's annoying but causes me no problems whatsoever.

Post #629093 Wed Dec 14 2022 4:01pm
bmszabo

Would somebody with TOPIx access (and a minute of spare time) would be so kind to check back on the status of this bulletin, if any fix is made?
Still I have the continuous suspension error - and with wintersport holiday getting nearby functioning terrain response (also affected now) would be very handy..
Thanks in advance.

Post #630211 Wed Jan 25 2023 7:05am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1