RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Glass tailgate will not open
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

cbq7

Glass tailgate will not open

Hello to all. This is my first post and hopefully one of many to come (in other sections!) of the forum.

I am looking at buying a 2010 RRS HSE 3.0. The dealer who also has a workshop has had a few mechanics look at the non-opening glass part of the boot.

Part of the deal was, alongside the 12 months external warranty, they replace the two rear door mechanisms (car has 1 owner from new, no children or passengers, just motorway miles, I assume the failure being no usage) and get the glass tailgate to work.

When they replaced the mechanism that unlocks it, they found it still wasn't working and have informed me it is a module or something that is located under the dashboard. I phone around a few genuine Land Rover dealers and spoke with their workshops: none wanted to quote or even venture a guess as to the issue without having the car.

The workshop has stated they do not want to start lifting up the dashboard due to the possibility of rattles that can start when it has been put back.

I must add that this is a car to have in Spain (being bought in Spain), and unfortunately the number of RRS's around is quite low. If I were in London I would just get a different car.

Any advice from anyone on how to proceed would be much appreciated!

Post #628768 Fri Dec 02 2022 5:28pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

To replace the CJB under the dash will not result in rattles. The part requires progamming (maybe by specilist) and the part itsself it probably £500.

The common fault of the glass mech is usually at the rear of the car though. Broken wires, switch etc. so would contine replacing cheap parts at the rear first !

Post #628769 Fri Dec 02 2022 5:47pm
cbq7

Thanks Andy for such a quick reply!

The central junction box looks like quite a critical component. Do you think there would be any other indicators to show it is actually at fault?

Post #628771 Fri Dec 02 2022 6:19pm
TheWojtek

Poland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

A couple of codes from a proper code reader (not a regular OBD2 reader).
Usually it's the switch for the glass part of the tailgate. Confirm it by removing the switch (just like you remove the rear registration plate lights), unplugging and shortening the pins on the plug momentarily. This should pop the glass up. Regards etc.,

Wojtek

---
WAS: 2006 RRS Supercharged
IS: 2010 RRS TDV8 HSE

Post #628772 Fri Dec 02 2022 6:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1