RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L461) > New P440e Incoming
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>

rangersport

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
New P440e Incoming

So pleased to have taken delivery of the new model. First impressions are that it is a real step up in refinement and closest RRS to the bigger brother I have driven.

Spec:
Black
Black Pack
Cloud Interior
Few other bits including the WiFi, Tracker, etc.

So far, getting an easy 50 miles on electric only. Looking forward to testing it further.

Any other new owners and how are you enjoying them?

Post #627437 Tue Oct 18 2022 9:42am
matpop

Italy 

Thumbs Up

Great! Feel free to post some photos Wink

Post #627438 Tue Oct 18 2022 9:56am
Bensrrsport

United Kingdom 
Re: New P440e Incoming

Congrats on the new car! When did you order it?

rangersport wrote:
So pleased to have taken delivery of the new model. First impressions are that it is a real step up in refinement and closest RRS to the bigger brother I have driven.

Spec:
Black
Black Pack
Cloud Interior
Few other bits including the WiFi, Tracker, etc.

So far, getting an easy 50 miles on electric only. Looking forward to testing it further.

Any other new owners and how are you enjoying them?

Post #627456 Tue Oct 18 2022 10:08pm
rangersport

I ordered in May, the day after it was officially released, although I was lucky as the car I had specced was available as a launch pre-specced car.

Picture below. Loving the range on the EV mode - although not convinced it is cheaper, it is a nice feeling not using fuel for majority of journeys.

Post #627508 Thu Oct 20 2022 9:17am
matpop

Italy 

I don't think too it's cheaper.

Black is always a beautiful color on the RRS!

Post #627515 Thu Oct 20 2022 1:05pm
Milky400

United Kingdom 

rangersport wrote:
I ordered in May, the day after it was officially released, although I was lucky as the car I had specced was available as a launch pre-specced car.

Picture below. Loving the range on the EV mode - although not convinced it is cheaper, it is a nice feeling not using fuel for majority of journeys.

what range are you getting on all electric? if you say 50 mile from the 31kwh battery and you charge over night at 9.5p thats approx 6p per mile. far far cheaper that petrol which is likely to be closer to 30p per mile

Post #627517 Thu Oct 20 2022 2:28pm
mazj

United Kingdom 

What is the mixed real world mpg your getting?

Post #627532 Thu Oct 20 2022 9:54pm
rangersport

Milky400 wrote:

what range are you getting on all electric? if you say 50 mile from the 31kwh battery and you charge over night at 9.5p thats approx 6p per mile. far far cheaper that petrol which is likely to be closer to 30p per mile

Last journey I did was around 45 miles and I had miles to spare. So we can go with 50 miles as a conservative estimate.

Unfortunatley, my maths is not like yours as it does not cost me 9.5p per kWh...it costs me around 34p I think (the current cap). I think the battery in total is 38kWh? (although less usable, but I assume a full charge from empty would be 3Cool

Therefore, 38 x 34p = £12.92. Which is 25p per mile.

I have just checked my charger app, which says the last charge added 31kWh, it was not completely empty, that charge cost me £10.66. This was after the 45 mile journey, so the maths on that is 23.6p per mile.

Still not bad.

To answer question about mixed driving, not sure yet as have only driven on EV only, except on way back from dealer to home, when I think that particular journey was, according to the LR app: 50 minutes, average speed 57 mph, 47 miles distance, 9.2miles on EV and total MPG of 43.

Sorry a lot of data here, I am sure most will find this boring.

Post #627546 Fri Oct 21 2022 10:50am
MikeJG

United Kingdom 

Still waiting for my 440e but to throw in tuppence on 'leccy costs.

It depends on your meter type and whether you have a 2 rate contract and who your supplier is and when the night rate applies and at what time of year, and it depends on the area of the country!

All of that is on your bill but some of it is in indecipherable code!

I have an economy 7 type 2 rate meter with Eon in the midlands area, so my day rate has become 33p and night rate 13p/kWh

During BST, my night rate is from 01:30 to 08:30 and it will change to 00:30 to 07:30 when the clocks change.

Enjoy working out your own.

Post #627547 Fri Oct 21 2022 11:38am
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I only have a lowly L494 P400e that I have had for a year.

I am with Octopus energy and used to pay 5p per unit and now raised to 7.5p for overnight.

All my charging is overnight and I presume anyone buying a hybrid would try to do the same and at similar rates.

What average cost per mile you achieve will obviously depend on your mix of driving, but I average 60 mpg for the majority of my usage. 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #627549 Fri Oct 21 2022 1:21pm
Blackbird458

United Kingdom 

Good to hear from members regarding their current experience as it’s naturally all dependent on how one uses on a day to day basis .
Doing school runs and local shopping then it will definitely be beneficial.
My local dealership thought a 50 to 60 mpg would be realistic.
However one wonders how on earth would you achieve the LR figure of 328 mpg .
Sounds like a future claim like DIESELGATE .
Let’s call it HYBRIDGATE.

Post #627551 Fri Oct 21 2022 1:55pm
Milky400

United Kingdom 

rangersport wrote:
Milky400 wrote:

Last journey I did was around 45 miles and I had miles to spare. So we can go with 50 miles as a conservative estimate.

Unfortunatley, my maths is not like yours as it does not cost me 9.5p per kWh...it costs me around 34p I think (the current cap). I think the battery in total is 38kWh? (although less usable, but I assume a full charge from empty would be 3Cool

Therefore, 38 x 34p = £12.92. Which is 25p per mile.

I have just checked my charger app, which says the last charge added 31kWh, it was not completely empty, that charge cost me £10.66. This was after the 45 mile journey, so the maths on that is 23.6p per mile.

Still not bad.

To answer question about mixed driving, not sure yet as have only driven on EV only, except on way back from dealer to home, when I think that particular journey was, according to the LR app: 50 minutes, average speed 57 mph, 47 miles distance, 9.2miles on EV and total MPG of 43.

Sorry a lot of data here, I am sure most will find this boring.

I think if you’re going to be driving it daily it’s worth changing to a night tariff, think with a night tariff my day tarrif increases by 2p kWh. I also have a 15kwh home battery that solar chargers most of the year but over the winter months it charges over night to.

The capacity I was quoting was a guess of usable capacity give or take (it is quoted somewhere) but with a night tariff it’s a lot cheaper. Also worth downloading one of the EV charger location app (I have zap map) you can then find the free charging points. I will regularly use the nation trust and Tesco charges, which are all free (7kwh)

Be really intrigued to see what the real world mpg is on a full tank and single charge. I was told that it uses your sat nav to work out how much battery to deploy so that it last the entire journey. Wether that’s true or not I don’t know.

Post #627552 Fri Oct 21 2022 2:17pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

It does, as long as you enter a destination! Smile Smile 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #627555 Fri Oct 21 2022 4:13pm
3hcp

United Kingdom 

It’s my opinion that most people assume that plug in hybrid cars or fully electric cars get virtually free running costs but that myth is being crashed by increasing energy costs which on motorways at least are approaching petrol parity.
My diesel hybrid achieves 47mpg on A roads 40 on motorways and 37 around town which I’m happy with for such a large vehicle. I can’t fathom why LR don’t make a proper diesel plug in hybrid. 2015 RRS DIESEL HYBRID

Post #627563 Fri Oct 21 2022 9:19pm
Milky400

United Kingdom 

Mine will be totally free 3 seasons of the year as it will be charged via solar PV… obviously not on the longer journeys

Post #627564 Fri Oct 21 2022 9:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>