RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L461) > Vasersine Blue - thoughts?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Bensrrsport

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up Very Happy I know what you mean!!

Post #626852 Sun Sep 25 2022 10:26am
Dave777

United Kingdom 

I have ordered Varesine for a P510e AB. Unseen too. My sales guy did their training and he was in a P530 that colour and said it was great in the metal. MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #626897 Tue Sep 27 2022 10:06am
Blackbird458

United Kingdom 

VARESINE BLUE
Anyone seen the VARASINE BLUE yet .
If you do — please advise us of location .
In the meantime we have located GIOLA GREEN at IPSWICH — showroom car .
Many thanks Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #627557 Fri Oct 21 2022 5:22pm
scriv

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Siberian Silver

They have or had a Vasersine blue in Ashford kent may be worth a call and see if they still have it

Post #627559 Fri Oct 21 2022 6:04pm
Blackbird458

United Kingdom 

Many thanks Scriv.

Post #627561 Fri Oct 21 2022 6:21pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

Bit late to this thread but I was at Sytner SW London a couple of days ago and they have 2 demo SE's in Giola Green, a D300 and a P440e and a showroom car in Varesine Blue. I must admit that the Varesine Blue didnt look like a blue colour at all, more like a dark grey and I thought it looked quite dull even under the showroom lights and would look even duller when it was dirty. Not for me at all. On the other hand the Giola Green coloured demo cars looked stunning although it was sunny outside which may have flattered the colour. Anyway I've decided to change the colour of my order from Lantau Bronze to Giola Green because I liked it so much.

It was also worthwhile driving both demo cars. I currently drive a L405 P400e and I dont like the drivetrain at all so I was thinking about going back to diesel. The D300 drives very nicely but the P440e was a bit of a revelation for me. Much quicker throttle response than my P400e and the 6 cylinder engine is so much nicer than the 4 cylinder. And the car feels fast especially at motorway speeds where the 6 cylinder engine is operating in the fat part of its torque curve. So I'm sticking with the P440e for my order

Post #628159 Sat Nov 12 2022 12:59am
Milky400

United Kingdom 

Agree, I am Actually amazed by the refinement of the p440e drive train. I have done most of the current mileage in electric too.

Post #628202 Sun Nov 13 2022 6:01am
mikef

United Kingdom 

I may be wrong but driving the P440e, it felt like the drivetrain was defaulting to EV only less often than my existing L405 P400e and the engine was cutting in more often. I wonder whether L-R have deliberately tuned it this way to make the L461 in PHEV form drive more sportily as of course should befit a car with Sport in its name. And yes the change from EV to hybrid and vice versa was a lot less noticeable than with my P400e

Post #628222 Sun Nov 13 2022 6:51pm
Swiggy

Scotland 

Well, I’m all at sea on my order now having driven the P440e. I’m coming from a P400 HST - the in-line 6 that sits within both the P440e and P510e and it’s lost it’s soul in the new car, although I guess this is progress. The P440e that I had on test (I did over 200 miles from Motorway to remote West coast Scottish roads) seemed neutered and insulated compared to the P400 and you could definitely feel the extra weight over my HST affecting the handling. It’s a sublimely comfortable car, efficient and a step up ins quality but I really wanted to love this car, but it just seemed to efficient, to cold in comparison to the HST. Maybe it’s the PHEV (my wife has a P300e Disco sport so I know the efficiency of a hybrid) and the new P440e is phenomenally efficient, but I bought my current car because I wanted something sportier than Discos I had before, and it feels like this might be sacrificed on the new model in the hybrid - I’m sure the P400 might be fine but with a daughter having just got a horse, it’s back to towing and probably a Defender for me for a few years, although I’m happy to run my current Sport for a while yet….. I was wanting to be wowed by the car on Saturday, but sadly it didn’t quite stack up and it felt good getting back into my current 2.5 year old Sport! Good luck to you all with orders on the way, I think I’ll probably cancel but might leave it a few weeks to reflect….

Post #628223 Sun Nov 13 2022 9:01pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

I would tend to agree with you but most modern cars do feel soulless and isolated. However I'm comparing it to my existing L405 P400e which feels like youre piloting a galeon in storm when youre punting it down a country road and you can definitely feel the extra weight of the battery in that car. In contrast I honestly could not feel any difference in the handling between the L461 P440e and D300 but then again I only had the chance to drive them on urban roads and motorways which were not exactly as testing in handling terms as the fabulous roads in the west of Scotland! I do think though that the fact that the battery is now in the floorpan rather than under the boat does make a difference.

The other factor for me is that my RR/RRS is a daily driver business car which mainly has to do commutes to work, for which the EV range of 50+ miles is perfect, and long motorway journeys for which the isolation is a bonus not a criticism so for those purposes the new P440e will probably be excellent. Luckily I have a 911 (997.2) Turbo and a couple of motorbikes if I want a more engaging vehicle! The latter are better suited to Scottish roads than any car Very Happy

Post #628227 Sun Nov 13 2022 10:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12