RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Overheating - on power not idle
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

leehud74

England 
Overheating - on power not idle

Hi All, I am new to the group and would welcome your advice please. My RRS 2016 overheated when driving last week to which I immediately stopped and had the vehicle towed to my local garage, they have today informed me the Aux radiator has a leak and will need replacing.

I am just wondering why this would cause my car to overheat, the water level is low but not significantly, there is no warning of low water level and the car doesn't overheat on idle only when driving? The fan is working fine, there are no signs that the HG could have blown so doesn't make sense to me. I thought the problem may be due to a faulty water pump not a leak?

thank you for your advice.

Post #626382 Fri Sep 02 2022 12:07pm
NoExpert

Poland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Hmmm, we’re working on a 3.6 TDV8 L322 at the moment. No typical signs of blown head gasket, but the coolant reservoir has CO2 getting into it. It pressurized the cooling system to the point it blew the upper tank seal. Car has plenty of power, but overheats at higher speeds. Get them to do a CO2 test on the coolant reservoir, if they haven’t already. 2011 RRS HSE Luxury 3.0 TDV6 Fuji White on Ebony/Ivory
Born and raised in So Cal. Moved to the UK in 2018 for a few years. Now in Poland and looking at moving back to the UK.

Post #626384 Fri Sep 02 2022 3:51pm
leehud74

England 

OK will do thank you. Could a leaking radiator though be the cause of the over heating? if a stone for instance has ruptured the aux radiator, creating a leak, would the loss of water pressure result in perhaps the water pump not operating efficiently to cool the engine?

Post #626385 Fri Sep 02 2022 3:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1