RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Technician at dealer driven car home without permission
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

There was a chap on here that found out that his RRS had been taken for a test drive by the dealership. Fine. Except they did something over 90mph on the public roads - the tracker recorded it all for him. Dealership didn't seem to think it was a problem, IIRC. Ended up in the local media as a "name and shame" approach. Dealership still didn't care.

That dealership is no longer there. Just as well, it was the same one that broke my steering rack, didn't tell me (I found out when trying to drive home) and then used my warranty to cover the cost of replacing the rack! And then didn't bother doing an alignment. When I asked why not, they said the ramp had a mechanics "Sunday car" on it. They used a Dunlop gauge to check the alignment after I insisted on it being checked.

I never went back there after that, even though there was still LR warranty on the RRS. I started using a local LR indy and never looked back. The RRS became massively more reliable after the change to the indy. So that was a great win for me, too.

LR dealerships are awful and I won't use one again unless it's an absolutely "the last chance, no other option" need. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #625986 Sun Aug 07 2022 1:33pm
Jay1001

The best I could get from them was £200 in the end. They wouldn’t budge past that. Hopefully they’ve learned something from this but I highly doubt it.

Post #626063 Thu Aug 11 2022 4:29pm
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

They won’t give a hoot, despite you saying you’ve got/had a good relationship. As mentioned find a decent indie and you won’t look back or feel it’s a lottery each time. Put up a separate post to ask others for recommendations for your area of the big smoke. 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #626064 Thu Aug 11 2022 4:49pm
MrM

Sorry to hear your story. Concerns like this are one of the reasons I had a Ghost installed when I had my SVR and put it in service mode each time I took it to a dealer. You don’t live too far from me by the sounds. I only ever used Hatfield/Welwyn and whilst they never did anything like this, they never inspired me with confidence. I always asked them to tell me if they needed to take it offsite for any reason, which they never did.

I loved my SVR but moved it on at the start of the year for a new hybrid XC90. I miss the SVR on occasion, mainly the noise, but I don’t miss the concerns about servicing, petty vandalism, attempted theft etc.

Enjoy your car in good health and I’d be inclined to take it elsewhere for its next service.

Post #626119 Mon Aug 15 2022 6:48am
Autobiography

Jay1001 wrote:
The best I could get from them was £200 in the end. They wouldn’t budge past that. Hopefully they’ve learned something from this but I highly doubt it.

£200 is the cap before they have to involve JLR to sign it off from memory. Ironically it’ll be JLR footing this £200 and not the retailer - it’s just dealers are empowered to offer goodwill up to £200. I wonder what they put down as the reason!

Post #626122 Mon Aug 15 2022 7:11am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12