Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Park Assist retrofit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Nick900

United Kingdom 
Park Assist retrofit

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone advise if this can be done, whether the car is prewired and what parts are needed. I recently retrofitted Adaptive Cruise which was quite easily and prewired.

I am replacing both my bumpers and they have the holes for parking assist. Bodyshop advise they would rather not fill the holes, hence the question.

Thanks

Nick

Post #625038 Mon Jun 27 2022 10:04am
Heremyjill

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Short answer is yes it can be retrofitted, but you will need an IID Tool as well as four new sensors and two looms. This will then give you both parallel parking and perpendicular parking capability as they are two different programs

If you search 'Park Assist' on this forum, you will find a few examples of the challenge being completed

If you only have the forward and backward facing sensors currently installed, then you will need a new wiring loom for the front bumper and one for the back bumper as the existing ones will not have the extra connectors for the sensors that face sideways.

Biggest expense would normally be the actual bumper sections that hold the sideways sensors, but it looks like you have these already and they are off the vehicle. That is good news as removing them and the re-attaching is understandably fraught due to the unclipping and re-clipping of plastic parts.

I had the parallel parking option as standard, but wanted the perpendicular option as well. All went well on a particularly sunny day last year and so if you want any help, then please let me know

Good luck "Every Day is a School Day"

Now 2014MY RRS SDV6 AB
Now 2018MY Ford Fiesta ST Line 140bhp
Gone 2006MY BMW X5 3.0d Le Mans
Gone 2001MY BMW 530d Estate

Post #625044 Mon Jun 27 2022 12:53pm
Nick900

United Kingdom 

Thanks, that is really helpful and I would appreciate some more advice.

When you state you need new front and rear looms, does this mean you need to replace the whole loom front and rear or does the new loom[s] simply attach to the existing ones that hold the front and rear sensors?

Do you know if there is an additional module that needs to be acquired or is it a software coding?

Are the side sensors the same as the PDC ones. might you know the part numbers?

Thanks

Nick

Post #625046 Mon Jun 27 2022 2:12pm
Nick900

United Kingdom 

Searched 'park assist' and could not find anything regarding retrofitting. Read through 5 pages of old posts and nothing seemed to relate to it?

Thanks

Nick

Post #625047 Mon Jun 27 2022 2:44pm
Heremyjill

Yes the whole original looms will need to be replaced as they do not have the end connectors for the side facing sensors. The part number for the new sensors is LR038533 rear and LR024299 front

If you already have the front and rear parking sensors in place then I believe you have the required module in place. It is then just a coding process to set up the parallel and perpendicular parking options "Every Day is a School Day"

Now 2014MY RRS SDV6 AB

Post #625060 Mon Jun 27 2022 8:24pm
Nick900

United Kingdom 

Would you happen to know the part numbers for the wiring looms?

Thanks

Nick

Post #625063 Tue Jun 28 2022 12:52am
Heremyjill

LR053995 is the part number for the rear wiring loom and I know that as that is the one I had to purchase.

For the front wiring loom there are quite a few to choose from and so I suggest you speak to Sophie at Duckworth's (Very helpful team) to try and narrow down which one to choose. They should also be the best place to buy from as they are site sponsors "Every Day is a School Day"

Now 2014MY RRS SDV6 AB

Post #625067 Tue Jun 28 2022 10:00am
Nick900

United Kingdom 

I have tried LR Parts and emailed Duckworths too.

LR parts said they could not assist from my VIN as the loom with 6 sensors isn't shown for my car and in addition to the sensors , loom and coding would also need additional modules to operate the park assist?

Nick

Post #625068 Tue Jun 28 2022 12:21pm
Heremyjill

Yes I remember that comment coming from my local Land Rover dealer when I was trying to select the correct part number to buy.

With Duckworths I asked the guy to view the various schematics and look for the loom that had the 6 sensors installed.

To make it easier for all, the guy in the Land Rover parts department advised that I should find an existing vehicle with the sensors already in place so he can use that registration number as his search criteria. His software system would then show all of the parts listed.

Still not sure about a new module though, but then again, as I already had the parallel parking option, adding the perpendicular may have just been a coding change as a module was already in place. "Every Day is a School Day"

Now 2014MY RRS SDV6 AB

Post #625070 Tue Jun 28 2022 3:35pm
Nick900

United Kingdom 

Thanks to Heremyjill everything is up and running now and working perfectly. Should assist my poor parking from kerning the 23" wheels.

You will see most of the dialogue contained in the communication thread. It did require a new build from Patrick at Gap to enable the system to work.

The only part missing that you will need is the new left side switch pack LR042099 otherwise you cannot turn the system on! The setup button that you have in the left switch pack when coded moves to the screen.

I now have parallel and perpendicular parking. I would guess the parts were about £220 plus the cost of the bumpers which I was lucky to get both for £40.

Good luck should you wish to install and again thanks Heremyjill and Patrick at GAP who were both brilliant.

Nick

Post #626929 Wed Sep 28 2022 5:01pm
Gixxar

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 Autobiography Firenze Red

Could you tell me exactly what you done? I have the parallel parking but not the perpendicular parking.

TIA

Lee

Last edited by Gixxar on Fri Jan 27 2023 12:04am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #630313 Fri Jan 27 2023 12:03am
Gixxar

Nick900 wrote:
Thanks to Heremyjill everything is up and running now and working perfectly. Should assist my poor parking from kerning the 23" wheels.

You will see most of the dialogue contained in the communication thread. It did require a new build from Patrick at Gap to enable the system to work.

The only part missing that you will need is the new left side switch pack LR042099 otherwise you cannot turn the system on! The setup button that you have in the left switch pack when coded moves to the screen.

I now have parallel and perpendicular parking. I would guess the parts were about £220 plus the cost of the bumpers which I was lucky to get both for £40.

Good luck should you wish to install and again thanks Heremyjill and Patrick at GAP who were both brilliant.

Nick

Could you tell me exactly what you done? I have the parallel parking but not the perpendicular parking.

TIA

Lee

Post #630314 Fri Jan 27 2023 12:03am
Nick900

United Kingdom 

If you have the parallel but not perpendicular then the first question is do you have the sensors in the sides of the front and rear bumper?

If not you need:

New front and rear looms
2 new front side sensors
2 new rear side sensors
Replacement front and rear bumpers with the side sensor holes and fixing installed. It might be possible do drill the holes yourself and buy the fixings [fixings are just bonded in place]
Install everything and then have it coded using GAP IID

Warning is to ensure the sensors you buy are genuine LLR sensors and not copies, they might not work.

Let me know what you already have and I will try to give you the part numbers of what you need.

Nick

Post #630318 Fri Jan 27 2023 12:43am
Gixxar

Hi Nick,

I have side sensors at the front but not at the rear. I have a iid tool also. I was thinking of drilling the holes myself, I bought a corner with the hole in it so I could get the measurements off it.

Lee

Post #630320 Fri Jan 27 2023 1:22am
Nick900

United Kingdom 

Hi Lee,

You will need:

LR053995 is the part number for the rear wiring loom think cost me about £75

LR038533 - Rear PDC x 2 make sure to get genuine I think they are about £20 each

Once all installed you will need to contact Patrick at GAP to ask for a code build that will allow you to enable everything.

Regards

Nick

Post #630325 Fri Jan 27 2023 10:01am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>