RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Headlamp pointing down RRS 2006
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

SpikeUK

Headlamp pointing down RRS 2006

I have a 2006 RRS HSE with adaptive headlamps. The Left hand headlamp is XBC501773LZN, the right hand headlamp is XBC501763LZN. The initial issue was that the left hand headlamp, after doing its initial "dance", would end up pointing all the way down. The right hand headlamp behaved normally. However, as both headlamps were badly clouded over and opaque, I changed both for replacements from a scrapyard, which were guaranteed to be OK.

On fitting the replacements, they both appeared to do their dance and point correctly. However, the amber adaptive warning light was now flashing on the dashboard, where it wasn't before. Trying to find out which headlamp was causing the warning lamp, I unplugged one of the headlamps - the lamp remained flashing. So I plugged that headlamp back in and unplugged the other headlamp - the lamp remained flashing. I unplugged both headlamps - the lamp remained flashing. So I've now got both replacement headlamps plugged in and they seem to be working OK, but I suppose the adaptive part isn't, but the warning lamp is still flashing (MOT failure?).

My question is, is there a further headlamp control module hidden away somewhere, in addition to the two modules on the underside of each headlamp? As I am wondering where the fault really lies. It's no good buying new headlamps if the fault is elsewhere in the car.

I have downloaded numerous wiring diagrams but none of them seem to accurately depict the headlamps I've got on this car, is someone able to kindly put up the wiring diagram for these headlamps (or even the wiring diagram for the whole car?), I'd like to track the wiring back to check for damage. Can anyone offer any advice on how to track down this fault please? Thanks.

Post #625075 Tue Jun 28 2022 8:30pm
BJH1959

Portugal 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Not sure if this will help but I've used it for my LHD 2005.

http://rave.stringsandints.com/LRL183855501(RR-Wiring).pdf Barrie.
2005 RRS 2.7TDV6 from 2017 -2024. Best car I ever had.
Current: 2018 Ford Ranger Wildtrak 3.2

Post #625076 Tue Jun 28 2022 8:52pm
SpikeUK

Thanks BJH1959, I think that's the wiring diagram I've needed.

The search to get to the bottom of the fault goes on....

Post #625077 Tue Jun 28 2022 9:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1