RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > mirrors during revesing - GOING UP !!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

RRSTDV8DK

Denmark 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
mirrors during revesing - GOING UP !!!

Hi, I'm new to this forum since I just got my RRS TDV8 last week Very Happy I have enjoyed reading many of the posts in here as they give good information about what to expect during my ownership.

I have during the 6 days I have had the car several times experienced that when it is in reverse the mirrors fold UP and not down as they are supposed too do.

It seams to correct itself when parked for the night (I suppose the reason being that the computers shut completely down after a couple of hours)

Has anybody else experienced this and have you found a solution?

Other than that I just love the car, the kids love the integrated multimedia and my wife is trying to convince me that it suits her better Laughing RRS TDV8 HSE in Stornoway Grey/Alpaca/Rhodium/Multimedia/Privacy Glass

Last edited by RRSTDV8DK on Mon Mar 26 2007 5:17pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #97544 Mon Mar 26 2007 5:14pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Havn't come across this before if I remember correctly. Try resetting the position and store the reset whilst the dipping option is disabled. Then enable the option. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #97545 Mon Mar 26 2007 5:17pm
RRSTDV8DK

Thank you VA - but that didn't do it. However when I came out to the car this morning it worked ok again. I guess I have to swing by the dealer next time it happens. RRS TDV8 HSE in Stornoway Grey/Alpaca/Rhodium/Multimedia/Privacy Glass

Post #97920 Tue Mar 27 2007 3:23pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

What do you mean by "it corrects itself at night"?

Try readjusting and storing in memory the angle of both mirrors when dipping (the exact procedure is in the manual.) If the mirrors still misbehave and point in the wrong directions when engaging reverse, try disabling Lazy Entry... I know it sounds unrelated, but as you may have already found out elsewhere on this forum Lazy Entry has been known to wreak havoc with the dipped mirrors feature, a bug that Land Rover hasn't fixed yet (AFAIK)... 

Post #98051 Wed Mar 28 2007 5:01am
Nutty Nige

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I was told e few weeks ago, by a friend that has exactly your problem RRS, that they are working on a software update to overcome this problem.

Thumbs Up You don't stop playing because you get old, You get old because you stop playing.

07 TDV6 been and gone. 08 TDV6 been and gone. 08.5 TDV8 in evaluation mode and now gone. BMW 535D M sport Been and gone, Now time for RRS No4 - TDV6 HSE in Stornaway with Ebony - 09 Model 6 months old.
RS Cosworth 4x4 Stage 2 Mint for summer
Audi TT
Astra VXR for the daughter.

Post #98067 Wed Mar 28 2007 8:57am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Actually, this is one of LRs oldest outstanding problems with the RRS (not sure if the same problem affects D3s) - I'm surprised they haven't yet fixed it Rolling Eyes 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #98069 Wed Mar 28 2007 8:59am
The doc

United Kingdom 

Agreed with above - Turn of the LAZY ENTRY and your mirrors will be fine Cool

Post #98078 Wed Mar 28 2007 9:23am
King of the Road

I had the same problem. I just turned off the lazy entry, stored the new dip position and it worked. Later I turned on the lazy entry again and it all works. Now I just keep my hands off any adjustments Very Happy

Jakob

PS. Velkommen til RRSPORT, baade forum og bil er fantastisk!

Post #98198 Wed Mar 28 2007 12:52pm
RRSTDV8DK

Umbertob - it just corrects itself Very Happy When the problem occurs I just have to leave the car for the night, and then the problem is gone the next morning. I guess it is a special feature, maybe I just checked one box too much when ordering the car Wink

I haven't experienced the problem since it corrected itself overnight monday/tuesday, next time I will try the suggested LASY ENTRY solution and see if that helps.

Tak Jakob! Ja, det virker som om der er en god mængde værdifuld information på dette site. Er det din første S/C? RRS TDV8 HSE in Stornoway Grey/Alpaca/Rhodium/Multimedia/Privacy Glass

Post #98762 Fri Mar 30 2007 10:56am
jampoTT

United Kingdom 

Sounds like an Australian spec RRS.

Post #103328 Wed Apr 18 2007 5:02pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Figures... My factory warranty just expired 300 miles ago and now this:

TSB# LTB00042 (North America - May be different in Europe/UK):

Quote:
Automatic Side Mirror Dipping Feature
AFFECTED VEHICLE RANGE:
Land Rover LR3 (LA) VIN: 5A300360 to 7A427985
Range Rover Sport (LS) VIN: 6A900129 to 7A999465
Equipped with memory seats
CONDITION SUMMARY:
MIRROR DOES NOT MOVE IN ANTICIPATED PATTERNS
Situation: Some sequences of ignition cycles/gear positions (involving reverse) can cause the control software within the seat module to become confused and lose the mirror memory position, or learn an incorrect driving position. A customer may complain of any of the following conditions:
• Memory mirrors are in the incorrect position after unlocking and entering the vehicle.
• Memory mirrors are not returning to their correct driving position after a reverse maneuver has been completed and the gear selector has been moved out of reverse.
• On vehicles with the 'Lazy Entry' feature enabled, the following sequence will result in the mirrors incorrectly moving to the dipped position:
> Ignition 'ON'.
> Select reverse gear - mirrors move to dipped position.
> Ignition 'ON' - auxiliary.
> De-select reverse gear - mirrors move to driving position.
> Lock the vehicle.
> Unlock the vehicle - mirrors move to the dipped position (INCORRECT).
• On vehicles with the 'Lazy Entry' feature enabled, the normal driving position may drift if the following sequence is repeated for a number of cycles:
> Ignition 'ON'.
> Select reverse gear (mirrors move to dipped position).
> Deselect reverse gear (mirrors move to driving position).
> Ignition 'ON' - auxiliary - key-in - key-out.
> Lock the vehicle.
> Unlock the vehicle.
> Key in - auxiliary.
NOTE: The mirrors may be repositioned using the normal mirror adjustment functionality.
Action: Should a customer express concern, install a new driver seat module following the Repair Procedure in this bulletin.
PARTS:
YWC500690.............Driver seat module Qty 1

Evil or Very Mad 

Post #106193 Tue May 01 2007 9:14am
RRSTDV8DK

Hi umbertob

Thank you for the information. I always have the Lazy Entry off (don't know what it does Confused ). I have now turned the dipping functions off to, since it seam to a have mind of its own. However it seams that it still controls the mirrors, because sometimes it still dipps when in reverse. It also seam to "forget" stored memory settings for the drivers seat - so it may be that the bulletin you have posted is the fix to all this. My kids were starting to talk about ghosts controlling the car, saying they could see wired faces on the screens in the headrest etc. Laughing

Just to be clear, are they suggesting a replacement of the entire drivers seat? or just the memory module? "Should a customer express concern, install a new driver seat module following the Repair Procedure in this bulletin." RRS TDV8 HSE in Stornoway Grey/Alpaca/Rhodium/Multimedia/Privacy Glass

Post #106291 Tue May 01 2007 2:17pm
rrsjo

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Not yet owning a RRS, this is my understanding of the Lazy Entry system.

If Lazy Entry is switched on, and when the LR button is pressed on the key fob, the seats and mirrors automatically adjust to their memory setting for that particular key fob. Hence automatically accomodating the individual standard settings of each person holding a key fob - and before they get into the vehicle. Idea

Particularly useful for the short, fat old git husband, with a sliim, tall trophy wife. Rolling with laughter

And a big thanks again to Umbertob for posting another technical bulletin, as these LR Technical Bulletins seem to rely on "the customer expressing concern" - as LR phrase it, and not a recall or automatic service update. Gone - 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey, ebony, zabrano trim, TV, Tasmods, mudflaps.

Post #106300 Tue May 01 2007 3:11pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8DK

Hi rrsjo,

My LR button just opens the tailgate - it would be nice if it adjusted the seats as you say. Can that be re-programmed without visiting the dealer? RRS TDV8 HSE in Stornoway Grey/Alpaca/Rhodium/Multimedia/Privacy Glass

Post #106940 Thu May 03 2007 7:33pm
rrsjo

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

As I am not yet an owner of an RRS, I'm not really qualified to answer your question with authority - most of my knowledge comes from reading the Owners Manual.

However here goes:

Tailgate entry is one of the selected options for which the LR button can be used. Lazy Entry is another. From memory there are about five options - delayed switching off of the headlights when leaving the car is another. You can only select one from the list though.

You really need to read your owners manual (Key Fob), which will tell you ALL of the options from which you can choose and how to program the key fob. The Lazy Entry will not only adjust the seats. It will also adjust the mirrors for individual key fobs. On the USA 2008 models - also the steering column position.

You may encounter a problem with the Lazy Entry switched on, as some owners find the door mirrors do not return to their original position after they dip when reversing. Land Rover have just announced a 'cure' for this though. Gone - 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey, ebony, zabrano trim, TV, Tasmods, mudflaps.

Post #106945 Thu May 03 2007 8:15pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>