RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Land Rover PCH transfer?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Nano2nd

United Kingdom 
Land Rover PCH transfer?

Just wondering if anyones been able to transfer their Land Rover (Lex) PCH/lease to another owner? or indeed negotiate a better deal on the early termination charge, or even been able to buy the car outright? I've just taken a new role with the option of an EV company car, if i can get out of the P400e that would influence the EV i order - more practical family orientated vs something sportier  2020 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic

Post #624027 Tue May 03 2022 9:03pm
HaggisMan

United Kingdom 

The short answer is no to all 3 questions.

You’ll not be able to transfer it, as it’s a form of finance that’s offered to you personally based on your credit worthiness. A lease company won’t let you transfer it to someone else as they won’t know what their credit worthiness is.

The early termination fee is also highly unlikely to be waived or renegotiated - it’s a contractual term you signed up to and there’s no reason for them to change it, or basis for you to force them to do so.

As for buying the car, if it’s a personal contract lease it’s not possible due to HMRC and VAT reasons. It’s different if it’s a business lease (eg a company car). For this reason it’s also likely a contractual term that you’ll have no right to buy.

All the above are arguably downsides of a personal lease although it all depends on your circumstances, whether they change and what you’re looking for

Post #624030 Wed May 04 2022 2:34pm
Nano2nd

United Kingdom 

okay so i spoke to Lex and as above, i can't transfer the lease, buy it myself or negotiate the early termination fee (£10k). However a third party can buy it, i'm waiting on a valuation for settlement, this might work out considering the current market. The other option is you can reduce the term to 3 months once you've hit 2 years (October for me), theres a bit of a premium to pay on the reduced term payments but it seems considerably less that a cold turkey early termination, so i might go this route as i'm not expecting to get an EV in less than 4 months.  2020 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic

Post #624219 Wed May 11 2022 7:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1